I really need some help please!

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by mandy_kirby2009, Mar 16, 2008.

1. mandy_kirby2009

mandy_kirby2009 Member

Hi, I'm new here...and I got an account because this question has been bugging me for some time now. I had my first acid trip about 2 months ago, and it was a horrible experiance. I've never felt so freaked out before....but that is not my problem. It seems that everytime I smoke pot I get that freaked out feeling again, and it's almost as if I'm tripping again...keep in mind that I used to be an all the time smoker, and now everytime I even take a hit something just triggers in my mind, and takes me back to that place. I don't know how to stop it. I love smoking, and I always have...but now I can even touch the stuff....can someone please tell me what my mind is doing?

Mandy

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

describe the trip and the feeling
    what about the trip was terrifying? and what happens when you smoke
    how much acid had u done, were u alone or with others
    the more details u can give the better..

3. soaringeagle

ohhhh also, had you had any mental dificulties b4 the trip? paranoia schitsophrenia, manic depression anything at all like that

4. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

yeah what is it exactly that freaks you out?

5. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Happened to me too, but well after the first trip. I gave up smoking over it.

6. mandy_kirby2009

mandy_kirby2009 Member

Ok, I suppose I should start from the beginning...I was with a small group of friends, at a guys house I had never been to before, but I knew him very well and I trusted all of them. Because it was my first time I had only taken one hit. Nothing happened for about two hours and I thought "well ok maybe better luck next time". I was in a back room smoking a blunt, and all of a sudden my friends face just exploded in green! And I had never saw that before so I was amazed...and I had told them "Holy shit it's happening!" I had no idea what to do with myself, so one of them suggested a movie. So I said ok, I felt wayyy out of body and everytime I looked at a person, it looked like they were ageing and then I kept thinking "Oh my god I'm getting older"...So my friend is explaining to me all of the aspects of a trip and I just couldn't contain myself. We were watching Willi Wonka and the Chocolate factory and I couldn't stay still....so finally I couldn't take just sitting there anymore, so I told one of them to drop me off at my house so I could mellow myself out with some light tunes, maybe some food and whatnot. On the way back to my house it felt like he was going wayyy over the speed limit, but he was only going about 40 the whole way home. I saw the speedometer but it just didn't match up with the speed. It didn't make sense. I kept seeing all of these colors in the trees and I couldn't figure out why they were there. So we made it to my house and I walked in my door and I had totally forgot my mom was staying with me for the week. She was there and I had just flat out told her "Look, I'm tripping and I have no idea what to do with myself, tell me a story" And my mom is very understanding person and I'm very comfortable around her. Then I just felt like I was 5 years old and she was babying me...she was giving me hugs and trying to get my mind of it and she made me something to eat...and I was fine...just riding it out....but then she fell asleep, and the waves kept getting stronger and stronger and everything was dark and everything was out of place, and there was something in my corner of the room fucking with my head...it looked like a live animal but it was just a t-shirt (I found out the next day). Then I looked over at my mom and she looked dead. And then I started flipping out...only on the inside though....I couldn't look at her...I knew she wasn't dead but she looked like it. I just tried to sleep and I couldn't so I just layed there for hours and finally I fell asleep. I woke up the next day and I was ok. So then like a day or two went by and I smoked a little weed and I was fine. So then like a month later I had been smoking all day, and I was just super stoned and then my friend brought over a different kind of pot, and it was supposed to be really good. Well it sure was because I looked at his face, and it started to turn green....and then I thought "oh no....here we go again" but it didn't last that long, only for like a half an hour....and now everytime I smoke I feel like I'm at that out of body paranoid feeling just like the beginning of the acid trip. As for the Mental disorders, none...I'm a very optomistic person and up for trying anything once. I'm a very mellow person who just listenes to music constantly. I've had to give up smoking, even though I don't want to...I just can't handle it anymore and I'm not sure why.

Thank you guys for trying to help me out, I really appreciate it.

7. myCHAINisGUCCI

myCHAINisGUCCI Member

haha alot of people wish they could have an acid trip when they smoke pot. this is gonna sound weird, but try trippin out on some shrooms and youll realize that its not as bad as u think it is. smoking is awesome, and is no where near like tripping, and if it is then dont smoke so much and get ur tolerence up.

8. mandy_kirby2009

mandy_kirby2009 Member

I have tripped on shrooms, but not since the acid...do you think if I did then my paranoia would go away?

9. ShadyGrove

ShadyGrove Member

It looks like you were freaking out because of the distortions to perception. My question is why were you so shocked? It's like you dropped acid without even a notion that you might see things differently. You were trying to make sense of everything instead of just relaxing and letting the trip take you. So now it seems you have a sort of "fear of the unknown". Fear of the tripping experience to take over. Trips don't like to be stopped and when you try you end up in an anxiety and fear driven experience which would obviously be unpleasant.
    Now introducing the intial mistake that led to this whole incident. Marijuana.
    This was your first time tripping on LSD and after the trip seemingly failed, I understand your decision to smoke as I probly would have done the same. But you pobly didn't know that weed usually makes an expereince much more intense, and in this case intitiated the expereince itself. Weed also raises the paranoia level really high(without LSD), add that to an already nervous first time tripper and you got yourself a classic bad trip.
    I believe the only way to truly solve this problem is to face the fear. In order to do that, you will need to trip again. Except this time, no weed. You need to experience it to see that what you are fearing, is beauty.

What knowledge did you have on LSD before your trip?

An active dose of LSD is 100 times stronger than an active dose of psilocyben.

10. soaringeagle

fatal flaw was in going hime and tripping alone after mom went to sleep
    the tripping mind needs other minds to connect to...left alone it goes wild and bad trips happen

my advivce..smoke...and dont worry bout slipping into a trip cause it wont happen

11. AcidConspiracy

AcidConspiracy Member

We were watching Willi Wonka and the Chocolate factory and I couldn't stay still....so finally I couldn't take just sitting there anymore, so I told one of them to drop me off at my house so I could mellow myself out with some light tunes, maybe some food and whatnot-----------------THAT is where shit fell apart.

You dose together, stay together.

People should be in tune with each others trip.

12. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

all hallucinogenic things point in the same direction, even marijuana. Just LSD takes you WAY farther down the road... But I too have personally had some really good marijuana get me pretty far out there, Like honestly to the point of seeing geometric shapes on the walls again... and in meditation when being really high, I've gotten nearly out of body, out of this reality again

But you know what I found is nitrous induces an acid flashback for me pretty much. Like with clear geometric visuals eyes closed as well. But more so in that it brings back the acid-esque thought process. I sucked alot of nitrous balloons to bring that thought process back and have now thought through everything and that really helped me sort out my experience with LSD. I would suggest you give it a try, honestly. Like someone said, you do have to face your fear. I dunno if you wanna jump right back to LSD? Or do you? But certainly if you got really high, then sucked some nitrous balloons, you'd get a pretty good hint of your lsd-esque thought process again and can spend some time with it.

13. G0dm4ch1n3

G0dm4ch1n3 Senior Member

This is the exact thing that happened to me after I had a bad trip on shrooms. Every time I would smoke weed I would relive that bad trip feeling all over again and it SUCKED! I actually quit smoking weed for 2+ years because it was such a problem. When I decided to try and smoke again it was completely gone. No 'flashbacks' just the good ol feeling from pot that I love and adore. I was finally was able to let that bad trip go ( it instilled a fear somewhere deep in my mind that seemed to haunt me). I had to work out a lot of things in my mind and figure out why this bad trip screwed me all up. It surfaced a lot of self realizations and I grew a great respect for Psychedelics.

14. Not Mike

Not Mike Member

my first post on these forums- yay

Anyways, I feel I can really relate to what you going through...

... So I have no experience with LSD, but I have experimented with salvia which has opened my mind to the psychedelic experience (have not yet had a bad trip however) But like you, i've found that the salvia has made weed that once would get me slightly high into a minor psychedelic (i'm talking open-eyed visuals).

I had taken a rather big hit of some decent weed from my home-made vap (larger than usual) and soon after, moving my head left slight trails and moved in a very movie like way. It was like those spinning wheels that flash different slide images to create a short film.

Anyways, I ventured off into the bathroom and took a look in the mirror. Looking in was no longer the same, I was seeing myself as an outsider, someone else: not the way I normally would see myself. And ever crazier yet, if I squinted my eyes, my face turned green and lips very bright pink. This wasn't just in my head, I was literally SEEING the color changes and distortion. My face changed very similarily to that "LSD experience" video, with extremely exhadurated faces, and sometimes changing my face entirely into someone else.

I felt extremely mind-fucked, more than I have ever experienced off of weed in my life for a good 3 more hours. Every time I communicated I would then spend the next minute or so analyzing what I had just said and how ridiculous I seemed to be talking. It wasn't until after about the 1st 2 hour set of the show I was playing in that I really came back to myself. I was either focused on what I was seeing around me, or completely lost in my thoughts. Very strange.

Just thought I should share this experience because its very similar to what you had. I feel as tho the psychedelics have extremely sensitized me to pot since then, but I hope this doesn't turn you away from any future endeavours - you're going to learn things whether the trip is good or bad.

15. ShadyGrove

ShadyGrove Member

Not Mike, I want the salvia you got, or I think it was that your vape is probly really strong and good for the high temperatures needed to expose the most salvinorum A out of the extract. Salvia lasts 15 minutes tops(regularly smoking out of bong with NO WATER, *TORCH LIGHTER and the smoke held in as long as possible) and I've always held it in a subgroup of atypical psychedelic. It seems everytime I do it, I feel like i'm getting ready to trip but I don't and the expereince is over. But I wish to try it with a vaper for an intense experience. Was this truly 3 Hours of Open eye visuals? Did you use Cannabis directly after?

16. EnlightenMe

EnlightenMe Member

I suggest eating some cid in a few weeks with the mind set that it WILL help you rationalize your fears. Because quite honestly it probably will if you can manage to not worry about another bad trip.

17. Not Mike

Not Mike Member

hmm, sorry if my post was misleading- editted.

Was actually the WEED that gave me all of that, not the salvia. Salvia only hits me hard for about 5-10 minutes, and I can't think completely straight for about 30 min or so.

MJ from my vap gets me pretty good for 2-3 hours, still feeling a little after 6-8 hours

18. ShadyGrove

ShadyGrove Member

drop acid, I think it might be stronger than all that. combined. ;)

19. Sgt.Peppers420

Sgt.Peppers420 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hey bro, your friends should have been a bit more understanding to what you were going through. When I turn someone on for the first time, I usually just go with the way their trip is flowing. When my wife first turned on I just did whatever it was she felt like doing, that way I knew she felt comfortable, because she could feel "in control" of what was happening.

My tip is to just keep smoking, lay of the Acid for about a month. Then when you feel ready again, don't "face the fear" because if you go in nervous it will only be intensified...how you feel at the start of a trip really can affect how the trip will go. When you feel ready to trip again, I suggest a small group of very close friends, and maybe a trip sitter (sober person to reassure you everthing is right in the world). That way when you are feeling too far out there you can do a reality check and check in with that person.

Another thing, if it's starting to get way too much for you look at the ground, and say "reality check, reality check, reality check" untill you start to feel normal again (for a few seconds). Thats what I do if it's getting a bit out of hand and it usually works. Also if you start to get the Jaw Clenching feeling, just take two fingers and gently pull your upper/lower jaw away from each other..ususally the action alone is enough to take away the feeling.

Remember Acid is a very powerfull drug, and you must learn from someone expierecned how to use it (just like indians would learn from shamans how to use peyote). Acid can become fun, but at first it must be respected...then once you know how you react (which will be different each time..but usually there is something in common or at least you'll learn how to control yourself the best you can). Also never try to direct a trip too much, this can really set you off on a downward spiral. Just go with the flow man, and it'll be all good. Play some Byrds, draw some pictures, keep your self entertained. Just because your friends want to watch a moive doens't mean you have too..just stay within earshot and do your own thing.

Peace to you and good luck

20. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

if smoking is no longer a healthy thing then dont smoke. after a few years of tripping and getting high, marijuana became to intence and anxious for me so i had to give it up. ill still trip solo on rare occasions (maybe once a year) but i cant trip around people anymore because i find myself on a level that isnt compatible with other human beings, tripping alone aleviates any kind of external pressures that would arise.

tripping history does build up, and the deeper you take it the deeper you enter into it the next time around. not a bad thing, but an intence thing.