I need tips!

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by brainstew, Apr 9, 2007.

1. brainstew

brainstew Member

I an very, very ugly and I can admit it! I really really, wanna look at least half like a human being. Any tips? As in hair change, clothing, anything? I'm so tired of looking like a rag [​IMG]

2. mlo

mlo Member

We are all our own worst critics... when I was your age I thought I was fat, I was very far from it. I was scrawny. I now look at pictures of me from then and wonder what the hell I was thinking. If anything maybe you just need a little confidence booster, treat yourself to a new haircut or a new outfit, something that makes you feel great, pamper youreself, the rest will follow. :)

3. brainstew

brainstew Member

i have confidence, I just look like trash.

4. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

do you have a picture of yourself so we can tell you how ti change

5. brainstew

brainstew Member

Not yet, I will tomorow.

6. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Don't listen to this one. She has problems. Don't tell her I said that.

7. brainstew

brainstew Member

:lol:

8. ways to bring out your beauty

immediately...
    ~smile!
    ~laugh!
    ~stand up straight instead of slouching
    ~relax
    ~listen to others
    ~speak your truth

over time...
    ~eat healthily; sleep well; exercise regularly - your body, skin, hormones and energy levels will all thank you for it
    ~experiment with different kinds of clothes / hairstyles - what feels like you? what colours look good on you? play around and have fun
    ~practice loving yourself ~ for some people this does take work
    ~spend time in places of natural beauty and high energy : beaches, forests, mountains are all sacred places you can raise your energy levels and connexion to divine beauty
    ~practice loving others and seeing the beauty in them

~ if you want to post some photos of yourself...as well as telling us what kinds of clothes / colours make you feel beautiful...we might be able to help with the one on appearence...but it is by far the least important of all the suggestions i've given here! ~

if you feel ugly...that's more a reflection of how you feel about you...rather than how you actually look to another ;)

9. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

that was rude

the only reason i said that was she's asking for help if she didn't want she wouldn't have asked yes everyone is beautiful on inside but if they don't feel beatiful on the outside people get depressed. in out society beauty is a big part. maybe you should be more considerate

10. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i think it's mean to call yourself "very very ugly", girl

but if ya wanna change your looks just think what way ya wanna look

11. this is by far the best advice you could get, believe me! i did these things when i felt ugly and now i feel beautiful and sexy and confident! and other people see me like that too. if youre healthy and feel beautiful you will be as attractive as humanly possible :)

12. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

Confidence and loving yourself is what makes you beautiful. If you think you're ugly, then you're ugly. If you think you're beautiful, then you're beautiful. You are who you decide you will be.
    14 is an awkward age I guess and maybe you just need a cute haircut or something. I don't know what you think is wrong with you so I don't know how to specifically give you advice on what can help you physically.

13. Joaquin

Joaquin Member

Don't love yourself too much mind, it could make you go blind.

14. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

15. mlo

mlo Member

You may have confidence, and that is great. But maybe you think you look like trash because you feel like trash. I'd call saying your "very very ugly" about yourself could classify as feeling like trash. I know when I'm feeling low my appearance reflects it. Try doing something that makes you feel good, something that makes you feel happy. I agree with The Mighty Toenail, all of those suggestions are great. Just make sure you do something good for yourself, if you want to change your look go for it! Try different looks till you find your natural you!

16. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

I actually think this is great advice. Just think about how you want to look, think about how you want feel about yourself. What is it about yourself you don't like? The way you dress? Then go splurge girl! (< well, i mean, remember your budget lol) Go find clothes that will fit your personality, and most importantly make you feel shining on the inside!

Your hair? Try a new hair cut. Or, go get our nails done. :)

But with anything you decide to make adjustments on, remember to stay true to yourself. Be the wonderful you. Please, don't change for other people. If you are really unhappy with your appearance, there is nothing wrong with wanting a new style, but again, just stay true to youself.

But, I think this is all silly anyway. I'm sure, no, let me rephrase that, i know your beautiful no matter what you say. :)

17. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

go volunteer at a homeless shelter.

18. spooner

spooner is done.

Some people are ugly. Maybe she is just objective.

Not everybody is so shallow that saying they aren't attractive means they have low self-esteem.

19. brainstew

brainstew Member

Thank you!!!!!! Just because I am aware that I am ugly doesn't mean that I look this way soley because I have low self-esteem. I know I'm ugly there's no getting away from that I wanna look better is all.

20. mlo

mlo Member

I've met the most beautiful people only to find out that when they opened their mouths they were the most hideous person I've ever met, the same goes the other way. Beauty is truely only skin deep. It is what inside that will show true beauty. I dated a guy in high school that had bad acne... I mean baaaaad acne. Everyone I knew always would make comments about it, but he was a good person and I honestly just didn't see it, I saw the beautiful person that he was underneath.