I Need Ideas,help

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by TerrapinRose, May 27, 2004.

1. TerrapinRose

TerrapinRose Member

My kids and I are scheduled to visit an organic farming commune this summer and I am having a huge transportation crisis. Originally we were going to ride up and back with my mother because she and her husband are travelling in their RV to the same area at the same time,but my mother has decided she doesn't approve of me taking my kids to visit the commune. I cannot drive,I have this vision thing and driving scares the daylights out of me as a result,so I have no licensce. Money is extremely tight,and although I had hoped to fly or even take greyhound I'm finding that might not be financially possible either. I'm just so frustrated and depressed and I refuse to give up on this. This isn't just a visit it's a trial membership to get on the waiting list to move to this very well organized and together community (they have a website,East wind is the name of the place if anybody wants to check that out.) I was suppose to go there 2 years ago but got pregnant and ended up staying here and I don't think a day has gone by when I haven't felt it was a big mistake not going there. I am called to be there,I feel it in my soul,and I need to get there. I can't really explain it any better than that.
    What I'm looking for is a ride,for advice on finding a safe ride,and maybe just encouragement as I am slipping into depression with our visitor period approaching and no set transportation. Making matters feel more desperate on the news this morning I learned our area is the target of this summer's terrorist threats involving bio/chem/radiation attacks!! It all just makes me feel so pressured,I don't know what to do.

2. Brighid

Brighid Member

Didi you contact the commune about transportation? May be they can offer you transportation or hook you up with some other visitors/potential members and you can carpool with them?

It's worth a shot:)

3. TerrapinRose

TerrapinRose Member

Yeah, I did.The other mom who's visiting at that time is coming from New Mexico. I just emailed them again to see if there are any other visitors or options. They need $100 just to pick us up from the airport if we were to fly in (the airport is a couple hundred miles.) We are just short of 1000 miles away. My husband had hoped to be able to drive us up or come and bring us home but our car is in need of more work than we originally realized. I just feel like everything is crashing down around me today! My grandfather has alzheimers and now my dad is going to go help them sell the house and move him to a home, all these things are coming up in terms of plan changes and expenses and I feel so helpless and frustrated I just want to scream! But I can't,it wouldn't accomplish anythiing and it'd probably just scare the kids ;) sigh...

4. terrapinchasin

terrapinchasin Member

where is the intentional community? maybe you should post a ride request on the ride board.

when are you leaving?

gives us some details, and maybe we could work out a hippy railroad type situation : }

5. TerrapinRose

TerrapinRose Member

I put it on the ride board. It's East Wind community,they are on the border of Missouri and Arkansas,sort of right in the center, Ozark co. We are suppose to be there July 3rd and leave there on July 25. We are in Orlando Fl.I'm trying other ride boards too,but since I'm travelling with my kids it's an extra cautious situation taking rides. So easy to be scared of pervs,drug busts,who-knows-what. Really prefer no smoking in the car,for the baby. I know it's alot to ask but I also know the universe is kind and things happen when you let them.Thanks to everybody who has responded so far,it helps me keep my spirits up and right now is a difficult time for alot of reasons.thanks.