i need an adventure

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by carnelian, Jan 15, 2005.

1. carnelian

carnelian Member

i'm so tired of my life. this isn't the way things was supposed to be. i'm sick and afraid of peope and it feels like my life is running down the drain. i want to see things, experience things, meet people... live! i want to travel, work abroad and just see the world. i don't want to be stuck in one place like now. i live in a snall town wich i hate, go to a work for bascetcases and drunks who can't deal with a regular job. i don't even have to go there if i don't feel like it wich i mostly don't. in some ways my life is fine. i have all the time in the world to paint and do whatever i wanna do. the prob. is that i can't do everything. i'm paranoid and weird so i can't work. i could never manage that. i wanna live the real hippie lifestyle. just see the world, be spontaneous and go wherever i wanna go whenever i want to. what the fuck shall i do?! i can't live like this! i've allready lost three years of my life due to tbis mental problem and i don't wanna loose more time! i'm going to scotland for like ten days this summer but it's to little. it's just a vacation but i want my entire life to be an adventure. sorry i'm whining but i'm desperat, sick and tired and i need advices for alternative ways of making money so i can support myself for at least a couple fo months if i hit the road to se the world.

2. kurdtkobain

kurdtkobain Member

hey I feel like the every once in awhile, but obviously I cant do half of it since I'm only 14(heh heh). I wish I could travel constantly SO BAD!! I am very paranoid...I had about 5 people tell me I was in school yesterday....so yea you're not alone. Vacations don't do it for me, I have to be on the move constantly or I'd go insane, the only thing keeping me sane is my boyfriend and my one good friend. My town is pathetic, it frightens me at times.

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Whatever you do, stay out of America... :eek:

4. kurdtkobain

kurdtkobain Member

dont get me wrong, i love my life i just need to get out more often, I'm at my house every second (except for school).

5. Cyanide

Cyanide Member

become a whore/prostitue.. not forever.. just for a little while.. until you make enough money.

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Psh... thats the Vegas cure for anything.

7. 8footsativa_chik

8footsativa_chik Waka Chang-Chang

WHAT THE FUCK IS STOPING YOU!!!
    YOU'RE YOUNG

DO IT ALREADY!

8. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i found a piece of aventurine in my junk drawer yesterday. which is weird because ALL of my treasures and little bits and pieces of crystals and magickal tools have been packed away since i childproofed my house 3 years ago. i think i have an adventure coming my way too, this stone has always been an adventure stone for me. as a side note, i just looked up the 'proper' meaning for aventurine (which i dont really put much stock in, i'm more of an intuitive than a follower of other people's meanings, but anyways, now i'm really off topic...anywyas, the proper meaning for aventuring is ability to heal emotional pain/fear/imbalance by balancing and stabilizing male and female energies located within certain Chakra areas. Aventurine is related to and found to heal and align ailments of the 4th Chakra, which is the Chakra associated with the heart. that could be an entirely DIFFERENT sort of adventure!! as i am coming out of a terrible place of darkness from a relationship that was utterly wrong for me.....

anyways, i've been feeling a lot of those same kind of stuck feelings that you expressed, carnelian. i'm "supposed" to be applying for work in a field that i hate, and i just cant bring myself to do it. i keep feeling like if i put my energy towards that, then i'll be closing the door on other better, more interesting adventures...

yeah, we're living an adventure every day. it's up to us to pay attention to the adventure and live it! create your own reality. embrace your reality and make it the destiny that you were meant to *BE*

ps, i'm talking as much to myself as i am to you here!

9. spooner

spooner is done.

go fucking do something then. its easy to hitchhike... i've logged my fair share of kilometres. its easy to live cheap just do it and don't worry.

10. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

I feel the same way. I will be quitting my job in March. I was planning on a road trip to like New Oreans or something like that, but I don't think my car will make it. It's like 1600 miles. I'll probably just go to Denver for a few days. Only like four hours away. Granted, not an adventure, but a much needed change of scenery.

ps. I was listening to HIM about five minutes ago. Their version of Chris Issacs "Wicked Game"

11. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

carnelian, please read my thread 'starting young' and tell me if your interested... I have more ideas on it now and also more people who also seem interested. Please email me. environmental_junkie@hotmail.com

12. carnelian

carnelian Member

we'll i'm a freakin mentally ill bascet case, i don't have much money and no idea of how i'll support myself if i hit the road.

13. turtlefriend

turtlefriend Member

You don't need money to have an adventure. My boyfriend and I are taking a bus downtown to find the place where Jack Karouac died, and we've got diddlysquat. Just explore wherever the hell your at, or even just try random stuff you haven't tried before. That's an adventure in itself.

14. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

yes, you dont actually have to physically travel to another area to have an adventure! although that CAN be a LOT of fun!

15. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Seems like you speak english pretty well...

Can you speak German? German and Sweedish are really close...

You could go teach English or German in Japan...

Absorb a lotta culture and have fun teaching... its a great way to travel.

Or you could voulenteer with international red cross... they have some things to go overseas and offer aid.

That way you get to feel good about yourself and travel at the same time. [​IMG]

Good luck...

Don't worry, if you're trying to dig yourself outta a rut, you'll get out.

16. carnelian

carnelian Member

i've allready done that. i've travelled all over sweden and done so much. now i wanna see the world. get away from my hometown, my homecountry.

17. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You could be a foreign bride for some guy on the internet...

Take his plane ticket, ditch him at the airport, and travel around The States for a while.

18. naturalmystic420

naturalmystic420 Member

U don't need money to live on the road
    go to google and type in steal this book click the first link it gives u that is how u live w/o money on the road

its my bible

19. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

You could do what I do do. From May to the end of July I work my @ss off and plant trees. I amke 5 to 10 grande, get in fantastic shape, and go backpacking for the rest of the year. I budget my money, 7 dollars a day, and am easily able to stretch it out. I take fruit picking or temp jobs here and there for extra cash and sell jewellery. I hitchhike with my boyfriend, and before that with other friends I met on the road.

20. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You make 5-10 g planting trees for three months? Thats pretty good.