I Might Get An Aquarium

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by tumbling.dice, Oct 29, 2018.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Does anyone here own an aquarium? I did years ago and am thinking of starting over with it again. Right now I'm considering the Aqueon 36 gallon bow front aquarium.

[​IMG]

As far as fish I was thinking of:

5 x Panda Cory
    3 x Oto
    3 x German Blue Ram
    9 x Cardinal Tetra

Does this sound like a good plan so far?

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^...Yes It Does....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  3. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

It has been a long time since I had an aquarium. My cats would sit and watch it for hours. Sort of like a cat TV.

Orison likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I have a 4ft tank i think :)
    I have tropical fish, 2x red tail sharks, some zebra loaches, 2 big ugly catfish and some neons :)
    I need to do a proper clean and refield my fish soon. We have had our Red Tail Storm for around 7 or 8 years now :) she's gorgeous and the matriarch of our tank.
    It is hard getting photos. My ornaments are a rock canyon and sunken castle plus a variety of silk plants.
    I alos have a bazzilion trumpet snails, wheich is why we have loaches.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Here's mine atm. Fish are hiding.
    There's Stürm at the bottom left, you can see her magnificent red tail, indications she's happy and healthy. Well okay her tail isn't standing out. Marine photography is tricky lol. And always blurred. But under the light it looks amazing. :) there's a little one in there too named Thunder. He's shy because she is old now and territorial. It was probably a mistake to put him in. But, I thought they'd become boyfriend/girlfriend. Since he's always hiding he hasn't really grown as much, I think when she dies he will take over and grow into size.

20181029_215104.jpg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  6. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

It would be a great replacement for the television.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

This thread made me think of NoxiousGas :)

Orison likes this.
  8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

DO IT!!

I want to get an aquarium and a turtle.

9. Asmodean

I feel bad for aquarium turtles. Probably because they seem smarter and more aware of their surroundings as fish

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Apparently you've never been around aquarium fish...

11. Asmodean

I have lots of times. But not with turtles in it.

I object to lots of animals being kept in small aquariums or terrariums though. Snakes, reptiles, solitary rabbits, etc. etc. Like i said, not sure how a turtle feels about living in an aquarium. Fish seem ok. Although in a fish bowl they depress me anyway. What a sad and pointless life. I hope they're really are oblivious :p

wilsjane likes this.
  12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Actually all you need in a fish bowl is one item that the fish can't see through or around and it will always believe there's another dimension and larger area behind it. A bowl with no feature is a boring tank. You can witness this with bottom feeders, they pass through a feature as if it's like a secret door and never get bored.

IMO fish have more than a 4 second memory. For Instance, my sharks know exactly where I'm going to feed them and that is 48hrs apart, fighting fish I used to have remembered me too, they liked my hair, they wanted to fight it. :p

14. Asmodean

All fish bowls are boring imo. Wouldn't want one in my house. A big aquarium is nice though (but not eager to invest in one myself)

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well a bowl is a bowl, cheap and lazy, but a tank on the other can be turned into anything you desire. Like for me for instance, you know I'm medieval so I created a little medieval estate right in my dining room. :) the castle Rock has so many ins and outs it's really a maze inside. Sometimes they swim in a door and come out the opposite end through tunnels you didn't even know existed. :)

I also have healing crystal pyramids in my tank as decoration and you can see the blue one. I have black obsidian too, something I equate having my red tail matriarch for 8 years now.

Personally I wouldn't go under 4ft. I would love a 6ft tank with real soil but I'm afraid of the weight on my floor boards tbh. I think my tank is 160lt.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

I had one these, but sold it to my cousin, he still has it .. I named Betty .. I Betty you run when you see it.
    [​IMG]

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I won't run but I'll use my feet.
    -stomp- it actually looks cool. But still.
    -stomp- :p

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

they dont bite unless you put pressure on them, like grab them, guiding them to your hand and they will climb, walk on you without any issue, but the hairs might bother your skin..

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Great setup! I want to do something similar to that only without the castle; I prefer rock formations. I've read that German Blue Rams like to have little caves and such to hide in. I'll either make my own or buy something already put together if I can find one I like.

Irminsul likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If I had a 6ft tank I would get a big massive pirate ship. :)

I've also seen tanks, aircraft carrierd etc too but I really like sunken ships.

tumbling.dice likes this.