I met this old women....

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by ugali, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ugali

ugali Member

I met this elderly woman today. I don’t know if she viewed herself as a hippy. She kind of seemed like one to me. She was setting up her little table on the streets. I went over to her table to see what she was selling. One of the things on the table was free banana. She said that the bananas were for free and that they were food for the brain. There was free yogurt there too which I couldn’t resist. I took two yogurts. She even offered me a spoon to eat the yogurts with. She had books with Krishna Philosophy in them.

She gave me two of those books. One was called the “Sri Isopanisad” which was all this Hindu Philosophy. The other book was called the “Easy Journey to Other Planets”. It talked about mental ways to reach other planets. She told me about how the world is going all insane because we are not turning to a higher power. She added that I could read the books and then come back to her for a “rap-up”.

She asked me what my background of faith was. I said that I am a Christian. That was interesting. She was a Krishnan and I was a Christian. I told her about God and the Bible until some street cleaner started talking to her. He offered her some walking stick that he found on the ground. He said that she could use it for self defence. After he kept talking to her I decided to walk on. Because the street cleaner and the elderly lady were about the same age, I thought that maybe the two had a shine on each other. So I kindly excused myself. She replayed by saying “Happy Krishna!”

2. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

Its amazing the people you meet when you least expect it.....and what they can contribute to your life, however small, but signifigant nonetheless!

3. earthmomma

earthmomma Senior Member

That is an awesome story! Thanks for sharing, love!

4. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

that was amazingly beautiful ^_^

5. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

I agree completely! Just say hello to someone on the street sometime. You would be amazed at the results you get back.
    Plus! Ya make a lot of friends that way.

6. There is no way I'm eating some old bag's bannanas