I made leg warmers!!

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Rar1013, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Out of fleece...it was super simple and they look stellar !!!! I seen a thread at craftster.org..and decided to make some for myself..it's great to wear under my skirts...because sometimes i cannot wear pants under the skirt!! yay for leg warmers...!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

and here is another pair :)

[​IMG]

and here is a beautiful creation i made for my friend kelly's birthday..it matches her coat !!!

[​IMG]

2. yesplease

yesplease Member

gotta keep those legs warm up here in the north! sounds like a good idea...although i think i'd feel like i was in the 80s again lol

3. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

well i do not like to admitt some of the fashions i wore as a kid in the 80's..but alot of good things came from the 80's...we had the talking heads for example...and leg warmers...:) they really get the job done under those skirts .. at least these are not those ugly scrunchy ones.. :) they are stylish ! like bell bottoms .. literally..it's just the bottom :) hehe...they are fun ! i have another idea to make one but to cut slits in the top of the fleece and to tie in fringe.. i wanna make it look like a boot almost :) yay for sewing...i'm so pleasantly addicted..

4. paix

paix Senior Member

oooh, killer idea. I got a pair of leg/arm warmers for christmas from my secret santa at work, knit ones, I thought I'd hate them but they're really groovy!

that's a great idea for when pants won't work under a skirt, you're so talented mama!

5. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

Aww those are so cute! And so sweet looking. They are just too pretty to hide underneath a long skirt :) Nice scarf too! *You Rock*

6. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Rad ass!!! It's strange I had an obsession with leg warmers last month, but never actually did anything about it, I think I will copy you, those are cool as hell!

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

you know that some famous designer is going to steal that idea, and next year there are going to be anorexic models strutting around on the catwalk wearing your idea...

8. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Up in the hippie communities of Canada all the hip girls wear legwarmers. Go to Nelson or SSI, you'll see. Just cut the sleeves off an ugly sweater that has nice fabric. They are good decoration in the summer too if you make plain old cloth ones that match skirts, if you wanna cover up those furry legs. My legs are xtra furry so I do. :)

9. angelique

angelique Member

those are supercute rar. my mum got me a pair of black legwarmers in october and i wasn't really thrilled... i haven't worn a pair since '83 but now i can't think of another winter without them they are so great under my jeans. i don't have alot of skirts yet so i can't say how they would be.

i see alot of girls cutting the arms off sweaters with a thumb hole for fingerless gloves too

10. Synaptic Ether

Synaptic Ether Member

11. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

haha, i feel old! i live in a hip canadian community with lots of back to the earth types, and i've not noticed the legwarmers.

(please, please, please, dont let me turn into my mom! hahaha she never had any fashion sense)

12. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

33 is not old. Don't be ridicluuous!

13. BrokenHunny

BrokenHunny Member

damn you got skills-- good job

14. Natural_mystic19

Natural_mystic19 Member

Look at those cute lil legs!!!

I like the brown leg warmers the best.

15. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

THANK U SOOOOOO MUCH EVERYONE...I TRIED THEM OUT IN CHICAGO LAST NIGHT..AND EVERYONE KEPT SAYIN' HOW COLD IT WAS...AND MY GET UP WAS SO WARM..IT WAS 7 DEGREES AND I WAS FINE !!!!!!! I THINK IT'S THE LEG WARMERS.. :) THEY DO ROCK!!!

ALTHOUGH I CANNOT TAKE COMPLETE CREDIT FOR THEM..I SEEN ANOTHER GIRL MAKE THEM FOR HER DAUGHTER ON CRAFSTER.ORG..THAT'S WHERE I GOT THE IDEA.. :)

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE..you all rock

16. Natural_mystic19

Natural_mystic19 Member

Yeah i live about 45 mins from chicago... and yes its FREEZING here!!!!!!!! aaaah

i hate the cold.

And i think its about time i visit that crafster site... i need to do something creative besides knitting shawls lol.

17. Shineoncrazydiamond

Shineoncrazydiamond Member

Very phat! yes! I am a leg warmer freak. I love them. I might need to make some myself. So you just did a tube with a ribbon on the top for tightening/loosening?

18. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Hey, i live about 45 minutes SOUTH of the city !!!!

it was almost 70 last wed..wasn't that weird w/ the lightening and rain.. ? ? ?

and yes it's just a belled tube...but there is actually elastic in there too..the ribbon is just to be cute! although u could do a drawstring too :)

19. snelio37

snelio37 Member

it's like a bizarre triangle. i live 45 min. northwest of the city. whoo trippy.
    it is approximately 11 degrees here in barrington at this moment.

i love the brown ones. i could really use some for dance class. it's so cold when you walk in and you get so hot wearing pants and dancing..i. i'll be at viva vintage purchasing some of those, like a loser who can't sew.

20. RainbowSquidney

RainbowSquidney Member

Hey~~I live about 45 min. west of Chicago!!!! I also work up in Arlington Heights~pretty close to you, Snelio (did I spell that right?)

I love the leg warmers.....very cute!!!