I love the 70s

Discussion in 'Music TV' started by Maggie Sugar, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Bear and I just discovered this show on VH1. How fun. We were teens in the 70s, and this is just so fun for us to watch, especially when you remember most of this stuff. My only problem is most of the "commentators" (professional smartasses, LOL) are TOO YOUNG to remember the actual 70s and rely on reruns for their info. They need more people who were actually out of diapers to comment on this show.

It is really accurate, in terms of the things they show, though. Stuff I had forgotten. Last night, we were watching, and they showed a show which I had never watched, and I said to Bear (my dh) "I don't even remember that show." and he said, "That's because you were too busy out getting stoned and getting laid." Ah, the spirit of the 70s.......indeed.

2. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

God, those people are jerks. VH1 just can't let us enjoy the old footage. They have to bring in some young talentless clowns who weren't even around in the 70s that talk over all the footage in a pathetic attempt to be funny.

Think of all the extra commercials that have to be shown to raise money to pay all of those twerps to annoy us. :)

3. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

VH1 had some good programming back in the 90s and earlier. They've really gone down the toilet in recent years.

4. genna141620

genna141620 Member

I think that VH1's I love the 70s is a good show. Its not exactly a show but a one time programming that goes on more than once. idk but I think that it should be played a lot more often. As for MTV...I don't even know wtf happened there.

5. floyden

floyden Member

6. floyden

floyden Member

7. mozzles

mozzles Member

floyden what's with all the spamming?

Oh and I haven't seen this show yet but would like to, even though I was not around in the 1970's.

However, it does sort of erk me that they are already playing an "I Love The New Millennium" show. Not quite long enough to reminisce about, IMO.

8. ronny25

ronny25 Member

VH1 had some good programming back in the 90s and earlier. They've really gone down the toilet in recent years.