I LOVE playing BIRDMAN on my old N64 Pilotwings!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by peacefuljeffrey, Jan 28, 2005.

1. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

This thing is sooo awesome! :D

If you succeed at all of the missions in the game you get to play as a "birdman" -- a person with wings on their arms. It's not a level where you have to do anything or achieve anything -- you get to just fly around free.

When you pause and check the "scoring" page, it says, "Birdman is a free flying stage. There's no score. Enjoy flying!" :D

You get to pick the landscape and the time of day, and fly around over all the settings that the actual game levels took place on, but this way you get to explore them at your leisure. My favorite is to fly around at night on the island called "Everfrost." It reminds me of being home up on Long Island in the winter time, when I was about college-age. <gets wistful...> :H

-Jeffrey

2. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Is that the game with the dude flying a lil heli bike on the box?

3. peacefuljeffrey

Hmmm, no, on the box... shit, I can't find the box and since I bought the game used (at a pawn shop, I think) I don't know if I ever even had the box.

In this game, you do different events, like hang gliding, rocket pack, jump shoes, skydiving, being shot out of a cannon, and other stuff. There are various objectives to meet in order to get to the higher levels. You get to choose from a variety of characters that you can look like.

It's a lot of fun. :)

-Jeffrey

4. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

burn it for me. man, i wish you could. ;)

5. peacefuljeffrey

LOL!! It's for Nintendo 64, dude! It's a cartridge game! Remember those! LOL!! It came out in like 1996!! (holy shit that makes me feel old!) :p

-Jeffrey

6. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i never got past regular nintendo. mario and all that shit...that's where it's at ;)

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I still have n64. now everyone has xbox or playstation.

I cant keep up with technology anymore.

8. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

i miss tetris... and zelda