I love my blonde hair

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by 6-eyed shaman, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

For much of my childhood, I never really appreciated having bright blonde hair, but as I've gotten older I've really appreciated it a lot more. Blonde is a recessive gene and it doesn't occur as frequently as black or brown hair. My dad has jet black hair, and my mom is a brunette with mid color brown hair; she was a blonde up until she was in 5th grade. Although my blonde hair gradually darkened over time, I've always remained a blonde. Lately I decided to lighten it with highlights and make it appear brighter to get back to how light it used to be.

I've decided to grow it out long. It's gotten to the point that I have to be careful so it doesn't get tangled, and requires more attention than most men's haircuts. And I finally found the perfect conditioner to hold it all in place. I struggled with an Einstein effect for a while.

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

What's This Doing In "Women's Issues"...???... Is There Something You Haven't

Told Us 6-eyed...???...:tonguewink:

Cheers Glen.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  3. 6-eyed shaman

^
    It’s my inner metrosexual shining through :blush:

That, and I think women relate to long hair issues better than men do.

Irminsul and GLENGLEN like this.
  4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Just Have To Ask.......Do You Intend To Lighten The Carpet To Match The Drapes...???...:tongueout:

Cheers Glen.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I notice lots of blonde kids are ultra blonde when they are kids but seem to darken over time? If I see a really blonde person, especially female it's hard not to think it's bleached and dyed.

I've also read before that blonde hair is like the cousin of red natural hair or very similar genetic involved.

Also red haired people in the old times were often laid to rest much differently than others because it was believed they'd wake up as vampires. Lol.

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

If I suddenly disappear from HF, you will know that I have been back on the west coast of Ireland and the vampires have got me. LOL.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I was ultra blonde as a little kid, like my hair was white :p. Later it would be called dark blonde. Since late teens (or something) people would call it light brown and argue me when i would still call it some variety of blonde (i didn't insist on being blonde mind you :p, i was just used to being one).
    All my other body hair is black btw!

8. Asmodean

Me too. I really think its that way more than half of the time.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I used to bleach my hair. I don't miss doing that, but I think it may have gotten me more attention from the ladies. You could tell it was bleached though. It's not like I fooled anyone. :)

10. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

I was white blonde as a child and now my hair is naturally dirty blonde but also has bits of natural light blonde mixed in which goes really light in the sun. I also highlight it with light blonde because like you said, it just brightens it up!
    Dirty blonde hair is not really a nice colour on its own, it’s what they call, “mousy” it lacks depth or something and that’s why most of us highlight it. On the positive side of things, natural dirty blondes look the best with baby blonde hair weather it’s highlights or the entire head coloured. People with dark brown hair or black hair, don’t look as good baby blonde hair, they have super dark eyebrows and it’s just not a natural look..
    My dad has blonde hair and blue eyes and my mom has brown hair and green eyes. My eyes are blue, but I think they also look a blue green colour.
    My pubes match my hair, they are dark blonde and strangely they have a lot of baby blonde in there too.
    They are also soft and fine, like the hair on my head, but the weirdest part is, the hair on my head is fine and naturally wavy and my pubes are straight!

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I only know one person who is a true blonde, her hair is beautiful. All the other blondes I know are bottle blondes

12. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I believe that if you put lemon juice in your hair and go in the sun itll start to lighten it over time.

13. Asmodean

Here lots of real blondes 'perfect' it by extra bleaching/dying it...

14. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

6-eyed is a gender fluid, gender queer, demi-sexual, pansexual fruitarian gandhian anarchist, and s/he can post this anywhere s/he likes :)

GLENGLEN likes this.
  15. 6-eyed shaman

Damn right

Unfortunately no, but you sure gave me a good idea

newbie-one likes this.
  16. 6-eyed shaman

The first time I attempted to brighten my hair, the barber was an amateur who was still a student. She dyed my whole hair an unnatural yellow color, almost Trump's unnatural color. It was bad.

17. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

Blonde hair is lovely. I just hate bleaching it, it looks so fake. I rather have natural colors. If you have problems with long hair, look for good leave in conditioner's and creams to add in. I always put leave in conditioner to my blonde hair every so often since my hair has gotten very long now. And I always brush it before I go to bed and put it in a loose pony tail so it doesn't tangle up and get messy. :)

18. Asmodean

Being a natural blonde? Doesn't take more maintenance. And although subjective, I would say I prefer it above perfecting it by bleaching it. But I also prefer freckles above an attempt to even a face for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.