I love Lucifer.

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by neonspectraltoast, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

For me, that's just life which can be truly fucked and, to make matters worse, I don't even believe anymore that its possible to spit in God's face and thank him personally. My entire life I've been disappointed that nobody in the whole fucking world can follow half of what I say and most call me crazy or a troll, but you get over it eventually. People are stupid, people suck, and I are a people with my own seriously flaws, so try to focus instead on who it is I wish to become, and say fuck the rest. If I can't at least be content to become who I want, then there's no point in being me. If I let the assholes in this world make me unhappy, then there is still no point in being me.

3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Hey man, you're the one who needs help. Keep on thinking that way and you'll never get better.

4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Maybe if you're really good in life you get to go to Hell where all the fun is to be had.

5. Why do you keep telling me I need help? Just to bully me? I'll keep right on thinking that way, because the world is filled with nothing but pricks like you.

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  6. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

There's truth in what you're saying, neon, talking about how love is weak. Maybe because we all tend to love conditionally.

7. wooleeheron

We're all human, and being human means we all have our dark side. Even toddlers will wallop one another without mercy because it is simply a fallback reactionary response. The issue is, do we wish to be ruled by our own reactionary responses? I certainly don't, but I'm having to make up my own philosophy, physics, and linguistic analysis just to figure what makes more sense to me personally. Sucks, but nature doesn't really care if your life sucks if that's what seems to work for you.

8. I'm just sick of being bullied. Why is this thread even about me? It's supposed to be about Lucifer. But you guys always have to be impolite and make everything personal. You know, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they need professional help, and it's really insensitive to people who have mental disabilities to offer that advice over and over like it's no big deal.

9. storch

storch banned

I don't want to make this about you, and I don't want to make it about me. But I love you, and I respect you. And I do so not because you need it, but because you deserve it. I saw you singing a song, and I envied you. A beautiful, creative soul with a voice you are.

Concerning the topic, I would say that it's not so much that humans are bad as it is that there may not be such a thing as good. And yeah, it has made me mad in the past, seeing how we treat each other, and how we treat other lifeforms. I look back into my past and watch as I was ignorant of the pain of others. But I wasn't guilty; I was ignorant. I wasn't bad, and I wasn't good. I was blind. Maybe it could be said that I was guilty of being blind.

In this life, it is intended that we remain centered on what is before us. There is the sun; there is the ground; there is the rain; there is the garden; there is the cabin; there is the mate; and there is a friend. These are the true desires, and they are found on the straight and narrow path that is the center. And we go about creating these desires. It is good that we desire the sun, the ground, the rain, the garden, the cabin, the mate, and the friend. It is good that we are centered on these things. It is when we move our mind off center that we create that which is not conducive to the realization of our true desires.

For instance, if we seek to find anything other than our self and the self’s extension--ground, rain, garden, cabin, and friend--then we create the unreal. If we look for perfect, holy beings, then we will in fact create them. Conversely, if we look for evil, we will create it. But it goes further than that. Whatever you create, you create its opposite. That’s where trouble begins. When ever you look for God--and the more perfect you envision him--the more you create the evil one to the same degree. There is the center, and anything you create in one direction also creates its opposite in the other direction. And this is not to say that there needs to be a balance between these two principles. It is to say that these two principles need not be. But we live in a realm where the vast majority keep creating their beliefs of great holiness, which in turn creates its opposite--great darkness in equal proportion. It's a catch-22; you want a perfect holiness, but it can only exist in contrast to something else--its opposite. Each gains its definitive value from the other. Such is free will. It can create Eden, and it can create Hell, and ultimately both.

That all might not make any sense because it's just a particular perception that was waiting for me at the end of a long, long dark tunnel. The tunnel wasn't good, and it wasn't bad. It brought me here, and here is not too bad . . . and not too good. :smile:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  10. That was very insightful. Right now I feel okay and have changed my mind. Of course my heart wasn't in it anyway. I feel bad for getring mad at Okie. And woo. Just lonely I guess.

11. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

There are humans who love God so much, they would give their life for him, even in cases of renouncing their integrity. Just like Job, who did not give up his integrity.

12. If you equate God with goodness and love, I'm down. I'm well aware that there are humans willing to die for religions, though, which isn't my bag at all.

13. wooleeheron

I don't take it personally or think any worse of you, in fact, just saying this merely confirms you are the person I think you are, someone worth talking to. In this world, that can be hard to find.

14. My problem is I'm extremely wild at heart and I'm all cooped up. I don't know what to do. I want to just run down the streets like an animal. The last time I tried that I got arrested. (That sounds worse than it is. Actually I picked up a guy's pumpkin and ran with it like fifteen feet and dropped it and they arrested me for that.) I know I look calm and quiet, but it isn't so. I have no outlet for the tumultuous sea that rages within me. I can't believe I even live like this.

15. wooleeheron

I jamb on guitar and sing and become a different person. I tell people its teenage angst I never got rid of, because I bought my first guitar at 17, closed my bedroom door, and screamed my heart out! Babycakes is the name of my guitar and, without a guitar and a computer, all the drugs in the world won't help. Just five minutes with a guitar singing and my hands can't stop shaking because of my epilepsy, but the relief is something money can't buy.

16. I play guitar, but I can't afford one right now. I need to do more screaming songs, maybe that'll help.

I actually have a guitar, but I had a schizophrenic freak out and tore apart my best friend's house where the guitar is and now things are awkward at best.

Orison likes this.
  17. wooleeheron

I've always owned cheap guitars and spent all of two minutes deciding on what to buy. The songs I sing aren't really supposed to be screamed. :)

18. I've never written a screaming song, either. Most of my melodies are becalming, which also belies the fact that what is underneath is almost too much to bear at times.

I want to get a Fender Starcaster. I gave my sister my acoustic guitar. I'm too nice.

19. wooleeheron

I can sing like a Broadway star if I want, and that kind of singing is all about controlled screaming. That way, my neighbors call the cops less often. Sort of, Broadway Walk in the Park Blues. Screaming, while finding my center at the same time.

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what is truly my wish is to choose my own fantasies, which are neither more nor less likely then those anyone tries to tell anyone else to.
    (no matter how many eons ago they may have been written, wither carved in stone or on bamboo, or freshly pulled out of someone's ass)

i do tend to stay entirely away from familiar names, all of which are invented by humans, and descriptions, to which no existing thing, known or unknown, owes any resemblence.

the only things more probable then what i personally choose to pretend, are peer reviewed science, and what my own eyes can observe, with the aid of impartial and impersonal measuring instruments.

whatever unseen things may or may not exist, logic, consideration and honesty, are the constants that a person either abides or fails to,
    and which create statistically, by the degree to which they are employed, the kind of world, all of us, in turn, must individually experience.

hell's flames, like gods who wish to be feared, are human inventions. other gods, or godlike beings, may very well exist, and bear no resemblence to either.
    what would compel them to? human is just a species, on one planet, circling one sun, in an unimaginably vast universe of such solar systems.

sure anything we come up with is one possibility. so are infinity minus one others, whether we choose or are even able to imagine them, or not.

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying what we see is all there can possibly be, just that what any belief, however popular comes up with,
    is still just inventing stories, because our egos don't like to accept the idea, of simply and honestly no knowing.