I love being vegetarian

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Blazin, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Blazin

Blazin Member

Since I went vege just over a year ago I've leant so much about food, cooking, and just being healthy in general. It's given me a love and appreciation of cooking that I never had when I ate meat and it always makes me so proud and excited when I find a new recipe and cook it.

My family have been very supportive and are always complimenting me on my cooking which is awesome, as I know a lot of people are given a hard time about it by family and friends.

Basically I feel so much healthier, I have more energy and I can eat so much nice food! :)

I decided tonight that I'm going to go vegan, which shouldn't be difficult considering I drink soy milk already and dont eat eggs. The only dairy I have these days is cheese, and I know there are vegan alternatives out there, so Im looking forward to trying it.

So here's to all you fellow vegetarians/vegans. Keep it up. We all know the truth and that it's a great way to live. So spread the word, and go cook something nice.

Thanks for reading..

2. badwolf

badwolf Member

Yay!

Good post. I feel that many people (in general, not necessarily on this forum)always point out the negative aspects of being vegetarian.

I love being vegan. Since I made the switch from lacto-ovo, I've learned so much more about food, food preparation, health and the environment. It has been an eye opening experience for me.

3. dubh

dubh Member

For me too. Being vegan often give us more informations about food, health, earth. When I was lacto-ovo vegetarian I was anyway a trash food eater (everything industrial, already-ready food to don't feel hungry).. now is different, I don't use like before salt, I'm less overweight, I've discovered bicycle and so on. I feel better with myself, even if in Italy is not so easy being vegan. I cook my food, I know it, I can love it without weight-mind problems. Is it enough? :)

4. Profeta

Profeta Member

Yup, Veganism is great! I've only been vegan for a short time, but I will never return to lacto-ovo vegetarian and even far off would be omnivorous. So many benefits, I can't list them :).

5. lazysunbird

lazysunbird Member

I agree totally..being vegan is great! It was the best decision i ever made. I'll be vegan till the day i die! Good on you blazin for going vegan too!:)

6. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Member

Why does everyone pick on vegitarians. I've always found that vegitarian food is so much more exotic. Unlike some other meat-and-two-veg dishes i've seen look at any school dinners across the world for an example of what i mean.

7. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

:)

Vegetarianism makes me happy, too.

8. honeyfugle

honeyfugle pumpkin

since turning vegan, ive been eating so much more healthily, eating heaps more fruit and vegetables than when i ate meat and dairy. id never go back to eating meat again.

9. Blazin

Blazin Member

cool. you actually joined the forums to share that?