I Looked Up Child Labor In The Shoe Industry

Discussion in 'Consumer Advocacy' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Mar 13, 2017.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

3. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

are those kids in the pictures? they look pretty adult to me. not saying that child labor doesn't happen, but i think sweatshops have figured out that it's in their best interest not to be photographed.

1 person likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thanks for the link to a Google search, I would have been unable to do that myself.

Dude, you think it's just shoes?

It's everything around you every minute of every day.

Google where most of the world's salt comes from, how many things are made from Palm sugar, where all those little paving stones at home depot come from, all the ingredients in concrete for that matter.

You are one of those guys that does a thread like this to validate going barefoot, but then shop at Wal-Mart to save pennies on everything else

You are just as guilty as eveyone else

2 people like this.
  6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i dont see kids..i just see some not very attractive women

7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I am maybe 20% as guilty as everyone else but I don't buy cheap crap at Wal-Mart, I buy things that I know will last, just looking out my window I see an example, my garden hose.

[​IMG]

Things been out in the sun for at least 10 years now and no leaks or holes from being dragged around doesn't kink , and unlike the masses of Wal-Mart fools I also bought the brass and stainless steel shut off valve also 10+ years old and doesn't drip a drop.

I know how they scam us, they want everyone buying junk that doesn't last to keep everyone slaving away paying taxes in the process of getting money to spend on more crap that doesn't last.

They would love if I bought the crap vinyl hose that's useless in 2 years, it "creates jobs" they get half my pay as usual then 7% more sales tax every two years when I need a new garden hose.

I just want to puke when I hear the politicians say we need to "create jobs". Really how about we build stuff to last so we have more time to enjoy our lives instead of slaving away for the 'elite' psychopaths ???

In the year 1930, John Maynard Keynes predicted that, by century’s end, technology would have advanced sufficiently that countries like Great Britain or the United States would have achieved a 15-hour work week. There’s every reason to believe he was right. In technological terms, we are quite capable of this. And yet it didn’t happen. Instead, technology has been marshalled, if anything, to figure out ways to make us all work more. Read this one "Bullshit jobs" https://libcom.org/library/phenomenon-bullshit-jobs-david-graeber

I don't agree with the politics of much of the article but I understand the scam quite well.

"Just as guilty as everyone else" You must be kidding, I woke up a long time ago.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz

And the top rubber producing countries are:

Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and India

How much do you think rubber plantation workers get paid there

Indonesia and India especially, you dont think there is any child labour involved.

And what's the ratio of what Goodyear pays for the rubber vs what they get from you?

You woke up a long time ago did you?

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

uhhhmm, yeah, so where are all the kids in the pics???

LOL.......

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your garden hose....LOL

11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Synthetic rubber, like other polymers, is made from various petroleum-based monomers. The most prevalent synthetic rubbers are styrene-butadiene rubbers (SBR) derived from the copolymerization of styrene and 1,3-butadiene.

The earliest synthetic rubbers were the styrene-butadiene copolymers, Buna S and SBR, whose properties are closest to those of natural rubber. SBR is the most commonly used elastomer because of its low cost and good properties; it is used mainly for tires.

[​IMG]

Made in USA

1 person likes this.
  12. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

I have to stop reading these threads. My mahogany desk will be ruined if I don't dry the tears pooling on it.

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Not here to decorate your world.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

right

theyre there to make me cheap affordable shoes

15. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]The most amazing places on earth but lets chop it all down to make desks.

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Not my fault if people don't care about their land.

My half acre I let all plants and animals live in peacefully.
    (Except when they attack each other and when I cut grass but that's for the grasses benefit)

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

OP, where do you buy your clothes?

19. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

I should have listened to myself. The tears spilled onto my teakwood floor.
    Never again.

1 person likes this.