I like big brains and I cannot lie

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by drumminmama, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf-2msaWYqE

The last time I took an IQ test I tested at around 138. I had a friend who worked at a halfway house for highly intelligent people. He said they were geniuses but couldn't function in society. I have a theory about this and how to understand this.

Assuming that you are of average intelligence imagine that everyone around you is mentally retarded. I'm pretty sure it would drive you nuts too.

C/S,
    Rev J

2. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

now I'm really in trouble

1 person likes this.
  3. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

to me it seems like when ever someone says that they think they're smart.

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Have Just Spent 30 Minutes Viewing "Jo Kings" Photo Gallery....[​IMG] ...Why 30 Minutes I Hear

You Ask..??... Mind You Own Business Is My Reply....... :D

Cheers Glen.

5. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

is it still public [​IMG]?

6. I have always said and thought that what is important is not race, gender, looks etc. but what is in someone's mind and comes out their mouth! Having spent the last 40+ years with the same person I never give a thought to relating this to sexual attractiveness. If memory serves me well (and it doesn't always) it was a mutual love all things opiate brought us together!

Anyway Jo, I'm away to check out your photos :D

1 person likes this.
  7. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

I find intelligence appealing, as long as the person has some basic life skills to go with it, and doesn't try to put me down because the assume they are smarter than I am. Without being able to function in society reasonably well, is also a turn off to me. I love to have meaningful conversations, and I enjoy working on my own vehicles, and in my garden. So, I prefer someone book and life smart; not just a person with high IQ that likes to show off.

I do not define myself by my IQ score (146 last time I had it tested. Yes, I was a straight A college student. Meh, it didn't change my life much.), because I am so much more multi-faceted than my IQ. On the flip side, I have trouble engaging with someone who never seems to have a clue (and I've know both high IQ and average that fall into that category) They don't have to be highly intelligent, but they at least have to know how to walk and chew gum at the same time ;) Anyone who knows me well understands that I prefer plain talk over eduspeak. It's more meaningful and honest, to me.

1 person likes this.
  8. Kerri

Kerri Members

I understand what you’re saying. It’s not s fétish for me but I can’t imagine there’s s conscious cognitive process. Even the fetish is probably an amalgamation of thoughts and feelings, many of them probably not even obviously related to the object of the fetofu. I don’t think it’s possible to untangle the elements that lead to attraction.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I like intelligent men but also I've dated a couple of highly intelligent men who were a pain in the ass because they were dumb when it came to navigating icky emotional territory. And for a woman I do pretty horribly myself with communication and dealing with feeling so those relationships were pretty much train wrecks.

I couldnt date someone if I didnt respect their intelligence but also I think there is so much more that goes into it and makes two people compatible

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I asked after too many blowhard posts on fetlife. Every one of the condescending posters had "sapiosexual" on their profile.
    They tended to bad arguments, being inflexible in outlook, and almost to a man (and two women), had a John Galt reference.
    Hard limit.

So, it occurred to me that they positioned themselves to be seen as intelligent, by using the term.

1 person likes this.
  11. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

So did you get your answer?

12. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Is it possible that "sapiosexual" is a real thing and these condescending posters are just condescending people who (may or may not) be sapiosexual.

Are there posters who have sapiosexual in their profile who aren't condescending?

1 person likes this.
  13. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps so. "Intelligent" can have so many meanings & connotations. Everyone has gifts, and lack thereof. It seems most people like to think of themselves as at least somewhat intelligent, and usually like to hang out with others who support them in that belief. We've all seen people who are intelligent yet dumb at the same time. We've seen people who like to call out the strengths in others, and some who call others out on their weaknesses. That's a certain type of intelligence level in itself. Now I'd say that the chances are if a person considers themself sapiosexual, they are looking for another person who considers them intelligent. Yet the urban dictionary contains: "For many, defining oneself as Sapiosexual is also a statement against the current status quo of hookup culture and superficiality, where looks are prized above all else." So perhaps one best ask the individual what they mean when they consider themselves as that.

14. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 grains of diplomacy Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0CScFzp1o

16. JoeyM51

JoeyM51 Currently locked in chastity for the last 4 years.

I have always been in classes for gifted students and have an IQ in the top 98.7%. While girls were attracted to my looks, they stayed for the brains. :) Although I started the school TV and Chess clubs, I was an all star football played unlike the other kids in my class. However, only once did a girl tell me I was very intelligent and then proceeded to place a blanket over our laps and gave me a handjob, on an airplane. She was in college and I was in my 30's. An unforgettable moment.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sapiosexual in swinging profiles really just means the solo guy doesn't care who he has sex with he'll take anything. :D

I think intelligence is sexy though in a way. My miss is very book smart, much smarter than me. I don't pretend I'm smart or anything. I have my strengths in topics but also a zillion weakness topics too.

Personally I'd only hears of Sapiosexual on swinging sites. They're about as common as "I'm a professional massager" lol. Pretty much a instant no".

1 person likes this.
  18. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yup I can see it.

19. Kerri

Kerri Members

That’s awesome!

20. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

It's a fetish/kink site, but yes. I think you are correct.

As a massage therapist, I do NOT say what I do in my profile. (Am on the medical professional board and offer advice, as do several doctors, nurses, EMTs and such)
    The discussions on boards labeled intelligence aren't. A working knowledge of Star Wars is the mark more than a working knowledge of, say, the LHC or mid 20th century poetry.