I lied to my mom about my grades

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by lynsey, Jan 5, 2005.

1. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I told her i got an A in a class when I really didn't. I feel awful but I didn't want to be bitched at. I have been lying about my grades since I was 14, the only difference is she doesn't get anything in the mail with my grades on it so she can't ever find out. She also thinks I have a 3.0 when I don't have even close to that and wonders why graduate schools are so tough to get into. tat's my confession at 23 years old I still lie to my mother about my grades.

2. Maes

Maes Senior Member

just dont do it. sit back and enjoy the yelling. Believe me you get used to it. U may even start enjoying it.

3. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

once in 8th grade I changed my "F's" into A's & B's. My mom was all excited about those grades but my dad knew better and told her so. Boy did she ever yell & smack me around! Didn't try that again.

4. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I used to burn my progress reports in middle school and my mom thought for the longest time that our mail carrier wasn't delivering all the mail.

5. Maes

Maes Senior Member

technically your mother's immature reaction (yelling) prevents your mature reaction.

6. lynsey

lynsey Banned

Instead of lying when i was really young I would just not talk, but it's not like I can appear normal and do that now...but is lieing about your grades at 23 really all that normal?

7. lynsey

lynsey Banned

lol she won't yell I'll just hear the I don't understand you only had two classes left and yada yada yada...and than she'll threaten not to pay my tuition.

8. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

after I got past the age of 18, I as an adult and as an adult I don't run to my parents and expect them to pay my bills, including any bills for school.

9. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I find it kinda strange and very cowardly
    Why don't you just face the truth?
    Lying won't get you into graduate school, improve your mother's respect for you, or help you and your mom's relationship. Just tell her the truth, stop being so immature and cowardly.

10. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

you know what's funny? i always got excellent grades, but my parents never even noticed. and they certainly didnt have anything to do with helping me to get those grades, yet somehow, when i graduated from college with honours, they got bragging priviledges? weird.

so, does your mom have some kind of emotional investment in your grades? does she feel like if you succeed and pull in good marks that she gets better marks as a mother?

11. lynsey

lynsey Banned

totally my mom's all about the bragging factor and how I rate compared to her friends kids. the fact is i could have been done with school a year ago but I wouldn't have been able to ever go to graduate school so she made me take some more undergrad classes.

12. lynsey

lynsey Banned

our family's different like that my grandparents supported my mom untill I was 6 and still give her a yearly sum. I moved out when I was 18 and moved back home and moved out again and moved back home and moved out again and than moved back home and only the first time when I moved out to live with my boyfriend at the time did she cut me off and that was because I didn't have a ring on my finger and she hated him.

13. lynsey

lynsey Banned

our relationship is fine I just don't want to tell her because there are some circumstances surrounding next semester that she has complete control over and so I am doing everything in my power to make sure she doesn't move me into the dorms.

14. TABD

TABD Member

Seriously sit back and take the yelling. But look off to the side of your mom's face and think about something else and nod your head. Then it really is not that bad. It can actually get to be quite amusing.

15. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Does she think being in the dorms will help your grades?

16. hiro

hiro pursue it

It is wierd to think your mom is so controlling. I wonder if when you move out she'll be more chill.

17. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

my friend even made a set of fake report cards on his computer. They were pretty good though. Still doesnt change the fact he has a 1.5 GDP