I just made my first frivolous credit card purchase

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by pink floyd, Jul 1, 2006.

1. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

Does that mean its time to cut this thing up?

There's this snowboarding jacket I wanted to get this winter REALLY bad, but it was like 200 bucks. well i just saw it online for 99$ and couldnt resist...
    but YAY im excited. even if it IS summer now, hahah.

damn credit cards! i hardly ever use mine though.. but they SCARE me! i dont want to be in debt to anyone...

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

you can be like me still carrying around pizzas I bought in 2000 :D

never want to pay it off when I can because I hoarde cash like a refugee for some reason

3. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

credit cards can be a great thing, or a devestating thing. It all depends on you and your self discipline. If you can make your purchases and the pay them off when they're due, then you can build excellent credit. If you're not careful though they will put you in a shithole, that is hard to get out of.

4. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Max em out and fake your death, lol jk

5. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

hahahaha yanknburn! ok.. i'll get tips from elvis! :D

6. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

The key to great credit is not to pay it off every month but also not to make the min payment. The reason not to pay it off right away is you are not setting up a payment history and not to do the min well that shows your kinda tapped. I will say charge $100 as an example, I will pay off all but say $20.00, then the next month pay it off. I shall pay a tad amount of interest but built great credit, enough that I could use my card to buy anything I ever wanted just shy of 40K and thats just 1 card. Just use good judgement, care and enjoy. Charge everything, your fuel, food, bills if you can but pay all but say $20 off for the month. The more you use it the more credit you build.

You shop for your food at the store, say 200 a month, you buy fuel say 100 a month, you buy something nice say a swim suite, add a cd and your cell phone bill, your utility bill and say it totals maybe 400, pay 380 then do it again next month but only leave 20 or so left owing, they can only charge interest on the 20 and shows killer payment history. you can also put car payment on it ect.

If you ever have a situation that your cant pay (hope not) your lucky, toally cute, send the collector a picture and he will be kind! jk :)