I just had the most amazing dream.

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by neonspectraltoast, Jul 25, 2019.

1. And I'll never be sure anything is real ever again.

In it I was playing this totally immersive video game. It's hard to describe, but it knew every aspect of my life, and was like a choose your own adventure game. And every time you could restart with a different choice. Then when I quit the game I found myself on some lonely street in an unfamiliar house. And when I walked outside all of my friends were walking down the street, and they were all sore from playing so long. I quit because I was thirsty. They all looked thirsty, too. I walked up the street and I saw what I thought was some kind of security guard at first, but it turned out to be some kind of roaming waste receptacle. I turned around and went in a convenience store. But it was from the future. There was a "cigarette" stand with this sign on top that read "safe cigarettes" or "100% safe smoking" or something like that, and in the case were all kinds of futuristic smoking devices. Then I woke up and smoked a cigarette and now I'm going to have another one and some soda and go back to bed.

2. I forgot to mention... In one part of my dream there was this guy who wanted to manage me, and started telling me how incredible I was. To prove it he had me pick up a katana and he started coming at me with these weird blades. I chopped off the tips with one swoop. Then he started complaining that something was coming out of his butt. And it was diamonds. And it turned out he had a diamond asshole.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there is a certain wonderful variability to the unknown, not limited by what we think, imagine or dream, and least of all by what anyone writes or says.
    this is a real thing that can be observed, and makes a logical case for not making or accepting assumptions, no matter how familiar or popular they might happen to be.

it is good to have dreams that remind us of this, and is really the only possible logic for the reality,
    of being confronted by someone who has broken everything we may have thought were rules, in order to do so.

being distracted from the need to reaquafy by fantasy smoke is probably a reminder of this not being an entirely good idea,
    but then every dream universe does work its own different ways.

helps to remember they aren't always the ways of this one though.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't know about adventure games, for me its all about scenery, which is far more fascinating, interesting and diverse, then anything to do with personalities, conventionalities, or interpretations.
    i get a kind of elation from seeing aesthetically designed infrastructure, harmoniously interacting with environment. this is in real life too, but even more intensely in dreams.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my favorite dreams are the ones in which i see "ufo's". they don't happen very often.
    they give me a special kind of happiness, but also a kind of tension, especially when i see the air force following them.
    i know the air force has its job to do and means well. i don't know how to explain, and they're not saucer shaped, more like a lot of angular details, totally not aerodynamic at all.
    beyond that, i feel a kind of nostalgia from another life kind of thing.
    sometimes it will be one. sometimes it well be several different shaped ones.