I just found out I'm diabtetic..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Insomniac_devi, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Insomniac_devi

Insomniac_devi Beast Toast

This sucks.

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

aw, my dad had diabetes, I know how hard it's going to be, but stick to the dietary rules, trust me

3. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

my buddy nick is diabetic,
    it weird though...hes only 140 pounds soaking wet...but he sticks to the dietary rules and hes fine...

4. Biggen

Biggen Banned

Type 2, I'm assuming? Welcome to the club. The suckiest club ever, next to the KKK.

I didn't change my eating habits a whole lot. I'm not trying to live forever.

5. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

Insulin or pills?
    my sis almost died from diabetes, when she first got it. Her blood level was well off the scale. Bro is diabetic too, was taking the pills, but now he is on insulin now.

Sorry to hear that you are now a diabetic, but like the other posters have said, stick to the diet. I hope all goes well with you. :)

6. Duck

fair enough
    I doubt I would to tell you the truth, and just like my dad it would end up killign me (then again, he didn't stop drinking either, that sure as hell didn't help)

7. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Wan't me to send you half naked pictures of myself?

Not only will it make you feel better, my Abs have cured diabetes before. Twice. [​IMG]

There are a lot worse thing to have though. At least you can get the medecine you need and still eat healthy. Although maybe a pixy stick binge isn't a bad idea.

8. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

the definitive book to read: Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution by Richard Bernstein. it could save your life, made an enormous difference to me. gl!

9. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

I'm a diabetic and let me tell you two things you need to know.

1. Modern medicine is bullshit. Diabetes is not uncurable. It's an illusion. This whole world we think we live in is an illusion, as is diabetes. You are infinite love, in control of everything if you just realize it. Diabetes is an illusion. It can only hurt you if you believe it's real.

2. I do not actually stick to any kind of diet. I just adjust my insulin. It's not what they said to do, may not work for you. If you try this illusion and it hurts your illusory form, I take so responsibility. But it works for me. I can eat anything I want, and have no adverse effects as long as I adjust the insulin correctly. Freeing myself from the illusion is a work in progress for me.

10. Insomniac_devi

I'm taking insulin. There's also a possibility of me having hyperglycemia (?) but I don't know yet.

11. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

:( I'm sorry hun

12. Insomniac_devi

That's a crazy pic ihmurria, your eyes are poppin out.

13. fritz

fritz Heathen

Shit...I have no advice..:( Except, ignore that illusion bs.
    *hugs*

14. ruski

ruski Senior Member

^ i second that...

and adjusting insulin levels is what the modern medicine does anyway...

15. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I third ignoring the illusion bullshit....

Diabetes runs in my family...take care of yourself. :) Take special care of your feet. Make sure your shoes fit properly and check out any sores or cuts right away.

16. Duck

in denial a little bit?

if it were an illusion, you would not have any effects at all... whether you adjusted your insulin or not

17. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

{{{Hugs}}} Insomniac...

18. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

To insomniac- bummer about the diabetes. My brother in law has dealt with the disease for around 20 years. It isn't easy. The balancing act with diet, insulin and activity will be something you'll have to play for the rest of your life. Best thing is to discard the emotional hang-ups and rise to what will be an enormous challenge that can go a long way to defining what you're really made of.

Best of luck.

19. Insomniac_devi

Guess this means no more late-night snack huh? Lol, ooooook....

20. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I'm sorry that happened. Is there anyway you can change your situation? I mean is it perminate or can it be corrected?