i just applied to borders and

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by sheeprooter, May 8, 2007.

1. sheeprooter

sheeprooter Member

you have to apply online and answer 37 pages of multiple choise personality questions. the intent is obvious, they want surface level morons who never think or feel or cause the slightest fuss. what a crock. i lied on almost every one. i hope the other employees did too or else this is gonna be a boring fucking job

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

you didnt use my ssn did you?

3. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

bookstores always have fun employees

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

like this chick
    [​IMG]

5. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

exactly

6. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Sounds like the applications for Hastings (a book, movie, and music store chain based out of Amarillo). I tried so freaking hard to get a job there, applied at least twice every 90 days (how long they keep the apps in the database), and I guess my "personality evaluation" just didn't score to meet with the drones they want.

7. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

yah, these tests are becoming more frequent it seems.

I took a 70 page test. at least 300 questions for whole foods. 4 choices: strongly agree, agree, disagree or strongly disagree. with almost everything I choose agree or disagree.

plus I know someone who works there, so hopefully that pulls some weight.

8. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

MMPI tests are great way for companies to hire the best liars.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Methamphetamine overload ?

Hotwater

10. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

This is a ridiculous trend in the whole American employment scene.

I had to answer about 100 of those types of questions on the application when I applied to WalMart earlier in the year (I recently quit working there)-then, in the interview, 2 people asked me about 60 of those same types of questions each all over again. Then, after I was hired, they herded us into a room with the other new hires to watch videos for 2 days straight about subjects such as: what to do in the case of hazardous chemical spills (!)-how to properly handle blood that's been spilled on the floor in the case of an accident (in case that person happens to have AIDS, etc.)-that the comany won't tolerate the slightest quasi-curse word from its employees, allow us to date our supervisors, or to 'stare' at an employee that's a member of the opposite sex (I guess it's ok to stare at the customers) and on and on.

The whole program, of course, was designed by lawyers to avoid lawsuits in these areas. Never were we told anything about how to actually do our jobs, or familiarized with what the store sells or how it's laid out in any way.

It's a crazy trend that has become real widespread. Maybe it's a way to find work for the huge # of people that have graduated with psychology (and law) degrees. Anyway, it's just another attempt to make American employees into mindless robots that are incapable of independent thought. They're certainly having a great deal of success.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'd love to get hired just by taking tests and anwsering multiple choice questions. that was how when i was in highschool i had somehow gotten brainwashed into expecting that was how it would be. took me forever to get jobs in real life once i learned i would have to talk to an actual living human person to get hired too.

how about a link to the site, just so i could fill out the questions? i love doing that.

and i'd only lie if there were no answers that came close to the truth so that i really had no other choice then to do so. because i love to express my true oppinions about everything.

and borders i might not actualy mind working at. ain't no way i'd want off the wall mart to even exist, let alone work there.

i can remember when there used to be woolworths, and they had a counter where you could sit down and eat a sandwedge and have a cup of coffee, but off the wall mart put places like that out of bussiness, so them and the horse they road in on.

borders is mostly cool though. i mean, the ones in town where i live, do have places where you can sit down and drink mud, look at the books, and one of them, even has live music come in, or did some times.

yah, i forgot about that in one of the forums that had a live music thread. i think it was some fairly well known celtic outfit that played that one time i was there when someone did.

hmmm, almost makes me wonder if i might be able to find a way to get there at the right times to work and get home. i wouldn't be able to spend as much time on here or doing the other things i usualy do on the computer, but i wouldn't mind having a few pennies to spend instead.

in ter est ting thought ...

they'd probably still make me have to talk to someone before giving me a starting time and salery though

=^^=
    .../\...