I haz uber dandruff

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by ThePmiester, Jan 30, 2009.

1. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

I know Karthika posted already, but it's kinda different!
    I have a small amount of dandruff around scalp etc, but fooooook loads in huge flakes right above my forehead on my normal hair that I cut ages ago :rolleyes:
    It clogged it majorly bad, I have never had this problem till I switched to Lush bars :( Any other methods of washing I can try?
    Ta
    Alex

2. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

oh noez! =p

a slightly disgusting fact (it grossed out my sister), when i get biggie flakes at the top of my forehead, i take my tweezers to my scalp and scratch it to loosen it all, and then upside-down i go, and i shake it all oot. that might not work for you, but it does for mee-eee

3. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Rosemary tea :) (dunno how many time's I've posted this xD)

Grab half a handful of rosemary (the herb, can get from any shop with a herb section ;D) Boil it up in a pan with water, maybe half a small pan full, let it simmer for 15 mins. after letting it cool, strain it and throw away the little green bits, and pour it into a little squirty bottle (can get one from boots for £1.19, its small but useful) Or just pour it over your head :)

Can wash it out, or not. I didn't wash mine out, got rid of my dandruff the next day :)

4. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

I was mentioned... =o

5. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

rosemary will treate the dandruff but to remove the chunkies do a deep ckleanse wit rosemary oil asdded
    then do the tea as a treatment
    tghe tea alone may not help get rid of the buildup

6. Merrivale

Merrivale Senior Member

Well I'm sure you've tried this method before but I'm going to offer my advice anyway..... :D Wash with bicarb and tea tree oil, then once or every two months do an ACV rinse to get rid of any crap that's in there, works wonders for me for removing anything that's stuck in there. Your dreads are relatively young still so maybe you need to be a little careful about how much ACV you let into your dreads, it's quite conditioning... Don't know if this helps, but that's pretty much what I do except very occasionally wash with Dr Bronner's. :cheers2:

7. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Cheers everyone, going to have a shop on Monday night ;)
    BTW I have used ACV before bearly diluted and it didn't loosen them at all :)
    x