I have started DRUMMING (yay! ^_^)

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by hailtothekingbaby, Jan 31, 2005.

1. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

I like it soooooo much!

Unfortunately we only have an electronic drumpad due to size, cost and isolation issues. It's a more or less keyboard-shaped object with rubber pads on, which you are supposed to beat with sticks. But we also have pedals, and YES those are among other stuff adjustable to double bass! :)

So anyway I'm teaching myself to drum now. I've always been pretty rhythmical (no surface I can tap my fingers on is safe from me, much to the annoyance of those in the immediate surrounding), so I'm doing pretty good. Especially for someone who's only been doing it for one week and a weekend.

I am soooooo happy for finally playing an instrument! Especially one on which you can unleash all your fury and end up tired but supremely relaxed ("I don't do weed, I play drums", lol :D).

^_^ V,,

2. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

Hahaha...dude, that sounds EXACTLY like me. I've been "improvised drumming" for years now. You should see me in the car...shit man, I spend like half the time I'm driving, drumming up a storm. It's crazy. I actually would love to pick up a drum kit myself, but really can't since I live in an apartment (and an electronic would be kinda pricey). But congrats.

BTW, you look exactly like this one kid I used to know...what's your first name?