i have some ideas! would anyone be interested in helping?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Hoppípolla, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

hey people! this is my first proper thread actually but I thought that if I was going to find any people that might like my ideas i would find them on here! I'm not a hippie myself but really love what it stands for and I fully support movements like this. I definitely have quite a large hippie side in me!!

ok, so on to the ideas! I'll start with the smallest and work my way to the biggest and most ambitious (as they are also the most long term).

1. Philanthropic and benevolent stall/shop
    The original idea was to start a shop that promoted peace, multiculturalism, and beautiful arts such as Tai Chi and meditation so I could do my bit to help people through their hectic lives and make a difference. I will however be changing country soon (to somewhere hot!), so a permanent shop isn't possible, but I would love to start some kind of stall based around these same ideas for maybe a year. If anyone is interested let me know ok? I live in south east england at the moment. It would be great to start the stall with mainly handmade things to save on costs - t-shirts (tie dyed & colourful, political etc), pendants, bracelets etc etc. Later maybe music, art & photography, cultural things, books... and so forth. I may do the same thing again when i move to spain or wherever.

2. Positive small outdoor music festivals for charity or to make political points
    I would be unlikely to do these in england as there is too much red tape and everything is so expensive - maybe spain or somewhere like that? I think the title is pretty self explanatory to be honest but the music would be mainly uplifiting with political significance (or at least given political significance by the festival itself).

3. Benevolent website to help people through problems
    I am unlikely to need toooo much help with this as it's well underway, but I am making with a friend an ambitious forum community website to help people with problems such as OCD, depression, anxiety etc. Help would be appreciated though!

aaaaaaand the biggest, craziest one... are you ready...?

4. Perfect park and community
    This one will sound crazy. and maybe it is. =D! but...
    i would also love to buy some land in another country and maintain with lots of people an idyllic park where everyone can enjoy themselves and form a kind of community. Money would come from donations. Maybe we could have a swimming pool in a really natural setting, grow our own food, let people camp anywhere they want, have music, do tai chi and peaceful things... in general build perfect lives =)

let me know what you think! any help on anything would be great, and new ideas/improvements! it's all good! =D

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I think those are some fantastic ideas :)

3. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

thanks! i sometimes feel really alone in what i want, and feel really different to everybody. i get quite upset =( it can feel like whatever it is that you want or whichever direction you push, the whole world is pushing the other way >.<

i only discovered this website and 60s music recently though, and it is already starting to make me feel more at home!

4. Chris_mate

Chris_mate Member

I have always wanted to leave the city and its ways to live in an alternative community, so i salute you and support your perfect park idea !!!
    Electricity could be generated by solar pannels, well for water lots of land to plant and grow, grape vines to make wine !! The problem is the income why would people donate monney, i guess they would not !! So you would have to figure out how to make cash.... an idea is to have some land to grow enough food for the people of the community and some to sell at a market close to the park, avoiding car use.

5. Chris_mate

Chris_mate Member

Some pot would liven up the place heheheheh !!!
    But not to sell only for personal use !!!

6. hollowayjay

hollowayjay Member

That's a great idea, where do you think you should do it? Somewhere near Canterbury?

7. sila

sila Member

Hey I have first hand experience with Anxiety and depression so if ya want any help with the web site thing at all just message me.

8. Donvito1122

Donvito1122 Hippy Teacher to be!

Great Ideas man, I really like the idea of the community....kinda sounds like the farm over here in America, but hopefully without all the police hassles. Also if you get that shop up and running drop me an email and I'll send you a few of my paintings to get it up and running...nothing crazy but just a few trippy pictures. GBPackerFan1122@yahoo.com is my email....let me know and good luck.

Peace

Al

9. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

Yeh, Ih gutz an ideah ah ah ah ah ah .
    all datz left right now iz to first stop bein creepy bluud suckerz an start eatin rite.

10. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

yo peeps!

thanks for the support man - that's all pretty cool =) i don't see why people wouldn't donate though... time and money to keep the place together... i guess it depends how many people are living there and how many people just drop in and also have separate jobs. if the majority of people want to stay and live there then the best idea would probably be to just sell a few bits and pieces on stalls and things to people outside of the community and other than that grow our own food. it's something to consider.

and pot? oh yes! =D

Hollowayjay, which one do you mean the park idea? I would probably do it in a different country where there will not be as much red tape or as many rules and restrictions. and where the land will be like half the price or less! lol it would be fantastic if it worked though yeah!

sila, thanks a lot! the more help i can get on the website the better as it is a big project! i hope it helps a lot of people. =D

Donvito1122, cheers man for the support, it would be brilliant if people sent artwork to me to sell - with the help of the net i'm sure we could work some cool stuff out!

and OnlyOne, I hope you know what you meant or why you are even here... because we certainly don't!

overall keep those posts coming and thanks for being great people!! =) !

11. guy

guy Senior Member

i think my first post on hippyland was kind of in a similar vein. i too was interested in creating something like a a kibbutz, somewhere people could live a decent life, without the hassles of bloated debt etc etc. i'm in sydney australia and these kinds are a cry in the wilderness unless you want to completely drop out and live in circumstances that wouldn't be acceptable to me ie no electricity, no mobility, you know all those things that the modern world gives versus cave man times.

anyway if you look in the communal forums there was thread going on there for a while regarding people in the uk wanting to do something. beware of some of the crazier ones who want to go back to the stone age. if you don't see it in the first page just scroll it back. you might see my posts there.

12. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

I dig that. Totally. Especially the last one :D That would definitely be wonderful.

13. Any Color You Like

Any Color You Like Senior Member

Great ideas! I wish you sucess.

14. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

thanks for the posts! =)

so how many of you are living nearby or in the UK? it would be great to have some help and support nearby or maybe even someone to help with the stall and everything

15. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

I live in El Paso Texas. That's pretty far off :/

16. Fagin_The_Pagan

Fagin_The_Pagan Member

Hey brother, your ideas seem really great and I don't think they're far fetched or crazy at all. Even the community idea can be done if you put your mind, body and spirit right into it. My one suggestion in regards to the community idea is that you go and vist Tipi Valley in Wales and check out how they do things. I really think they're one of the best examples of alternative community in the world. A few of the valley folk went over to spain a few years back as well and started a spanish tipi valley. Any one is welcome to go and stay there without prior contact or invertation so just head on over and stay a couple of nights, meet the people and ask some questions.

Best of luck,

Fagin.

17. hemp726

hemp726 Member

only one meant u should be a veg

18. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

oh... sorry i didn't really know if he was just trying to say weird things for attention or what was going on =S ...sorry if i offended anyone >.<

thanks for more replies though - and woodstockchild yeah it';s a shame you and a lot of people live so far away from me!! ._. there must still be something really cool we can all work on together...

EDIT -- oh, last thing - anyone who lives nearby and thinks they can get involved with the stall or anything let me know and maybe message? i am running out of time to work out what i am doing soon and if there are any like-minded peeps close by that would be excellent =)

19. skyjewelz

skyjewelz Member

Those are great ideas, you shure have a hippie state of mind.

20. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Member

Love your way of thinking, pal. If there were more people with your ideas this world wouldn't be half bad. I live in mainland Europe which isn't that far away. Would be happy if I could lend a hand. Do you know anyone who play music and dig peace and love? If yes, then the concert thing is pretty easy to arrange. Just set up a few instruments in the local park and start the party. Ofcourse the cops wouldn't be very fond of it and you don't make any profit which could be used as a donation. :p
    If you want, I can come over to UK and help ya - in fact, I kinda need a little holiday. I can play some pretty groovey tunes on piano and I'm trying to learn how to play guitar at the moment. All I ask for is shelter and perhaps some food too. I can cook it for you, if you want :p
    So what do you say? :p