I have seen the light!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Meagain, Apr 20, 2013.

1. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Don't forget the law of firearms.... you don't need to worry about purchasing that truck :2thumbsup:

The great thing is, the ONLY thing that you ever have to buy is a gun, and you only have to buy the first one.

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I hate it when people use the word pussy to denigrate someone. Oughta have a law agin' that.

3. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

"This is a prison planet, you're serving a life-sentence"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUIldUK9eSg"]Greydon Square - Prison Planet - YouTube

4. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I think he is trying to ridicule my stance on gun ownership and self defense just as much as anything else. Emphasis on trying.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCyJRXvPNRo"]Kung Fu - grasshopper dialog - YouTube

6. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I think you have the start of a cult here.....no leaders of course. :)

Love satire....and you are very good at it.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

On my attempts at satire, especially to Pressed Rat and Deviate:

I have nothing against either of you except for certain ideas and beliefs that you hold, as I'm sure you have issues with some of mine. Other than that I'm sure you are both great guys and I have tried to refrain from any personal attacks against either of you. But I do take issue with many things I see posted by many people around here, not just you two. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Now as far as my attempts at satire, I have been trying to show what I believe to be flaws in certain statements and beliefs in a humorous way. Admittedly satire is a sophisticated, and sometimes tricky tool for achieving this end, especially for an amateur such as myself. Satire can employ ridicule and demeaning attacks in its attempt to convey a message. I have tried to avoid that method and I have tried instead to employ a Reductio ad absurdum approach whereas I have been trying to show that a statement is false by showing that an absurd result would follow from its acceptance.

No one has to agree with any attempt I make or any conclusions I reach and I am sure my attempts have not been up to some peoples' standards.

I really do apologize to anyone I may have offended, but this is just a web site on the net, don't take me too seriously.

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

You are soooo funny! :D

Uncouth and unsophisticated as I may be, I surely do appreciate (and even comprehend!) your quite witty posts...:2thumbsup:

Please continue.

9. deviate

deviate Senior Member

No offense taken. I mean, you have the freedom to express your opinion just like me or anyone else.

I just think you're wrong. :p

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i have seen many lights. the night sky is filled with them. as are most homes in developed parts of the world.

enlightenment does not require a source. only acceptance of one's statistical participation in creating what all of us each experience.