I have NO desire to go to college...

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by SurfhipE, May 30, 2004.

1. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

My parents want me to go, but, the more and more closer I come to it...I just feel like I don't care. But, I know if I don't go I won't get a great job or anything..but, still, there's a part of me that's screaming and crying not to go

2. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

i know wat u mean, and parents dont get this, some kids arent made for college some kids know if they go to college they r gunna go to get laid and get drunk and party, praents think they have to go anyways and just end up wasting their money, i am one of these kids i knwo if i go im not going to give a shit about college or anything just try to get laid

3. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

wow. i only wish i was going to college. if you have the opportunity, i say take it.

4. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

Why can't you?

I love Nirvana too. (Your name...inbloom. good song)

5. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

College isn't fore everyone. SurfhipE, you said if you don't go to college, you're worried about not being able to get a great job. But I think college is the type of thing if you're not really into it, then you probably won't succeed.

6. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i went to college for a brief stint when i was inblooms age,

i met alot of cool people(and alot of hot ladies;)) and found new drug connections but in the end i dropped out, i wasnt college material.

7. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

i also went to college for about 2 years off and on, but i eventually dropped out too, after changing majors 3 or 4 times. it's not for everyone. if you aren't into it, don't waste the time or money.

8. akhc

akhc Member

you don't say why u don't want to go.. why don't u want to go?

as for caring.. well I think college isn't just about getting an education but about learning how to think.. and u get to meet people who are from all walks and all races.. it was the best time of my life.. even if I hated my degree course.

I think you should try it for a year at the least.. n if u do like it then enjoy your time there.. but also make an effort to get your degree.

9. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i went to college 5 times. i dont want to go anymore either,

10. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i went to a community college for half a semester and hated it, it was worse than high school. i wold like to go back to school for something but can't make up my mind, i wold probly be good at massage therapy or cosmetology, i like to work with my hands a lot...............

11. barefoot_boy

barefoot_boy Member

I went to college,but I hated it.I dropped out after a few months.

12. DharmaBum

DharmaBum Old Guard

Hey if you dont want to Go to College then dont..and Do Not let anyone tell you that you wont get a good job/crap Life because of it ,The World is your oyster and your option's are limitless..Think outside the Box they put over you.

13. Megara

Megara Banned

why dont you take a year off and see how you feel about college after your year of working/traveling? It might change your feelings about it.

14. kazinspace

kazinspace Member

yer.. thats wat i was thinking, i dont c y you just dont take a year off or something

15. torz

torz Member

i know how you feel. my parents expected me to go to college but i knew i didnt want to. after 12 years at school i didnt want to go and do more education. the thing with me is that i have to be pushed, at school you have all these teachers pushing you, detention if you dont do your home works etc and they are the only things that made me work at school. now college, you have to work off your own back, your not pushed to work like at school and thats my bigest problem. even the fact that if you worked hard and handed your asignment in on time and turned up every day they would pay you £30 a week. i lasted 3 months, most of which i never turned up.

its not up to your parents, its up to you. if you dont want to go then is obviouse that your not going to put 100% so why bother.

four years down the line & i look back at what i started and what i could have achieved and i dont regret it one single little bit. i know i wouldnt have been happy, ok i might have slightly better carea prospects but not that much better. at the moment, i have a good job, carea prospects, i'm happy.

its never too late to learn either, if you dont go to college, dont worry about it, there arnt age restrictions on going to college so if you regrette not trying it out 10 years down the line then go do it. i am, i'm going back to night school now i've had a break from education.

sure my dad was furious when i told him i'd droped out of college, but he soon got over it, especially when i landed myself a fantastic high payed job in a bank as a cashier, i earned lots £'s, got on the job education (which didnt feel like education), had good careea prospects all at 16y/o. you can achieve anything you want and it dosent have to involve college. although i will say, have a go, set yourself a time limit, say 6 months and if you dont like it after that time then drop out, but dont shrug something off without trying it first.

16. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

yeah..I'd love to travel but A, don't have the money, B, don't have a parnter (which i really want) and C, don't know if I could do it alone, but i REALLY REALLY want to! For all of you that didn't go, can I ask what your doing now? Sorry if that's rude....

17. Megara

Megara Banned

try looking for some of those volunteer groups who go to different countries and you work with a group and you go around building houses and fixing stuff. Sure its not the ideal way to travel, but you go with a bunch of people your age and you do something good in an impoverished area. I believe they are free.

18. Why did you hate college? I want to be a studant forever

19. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

I have no desire to go to college either...

20. Uhh...I've done that sort of thing before, and trust me, they're anything BUT free. The only org I've heard of that does stuff that's free for the volunteer is the Peace Corps, but you need a college education for that. I could be wrong of course, but I researched that type of thing last year and trust me, if there was a free way I would have taken it. ;)

-Kate