I have no artistic bone in my body!

Discussion in 'Art' started by Rainbow Tears, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Rainbow Tears

Rainbow Tears Member

I really wish I could just exspress my self with paint, but when I do I usally looks like well... like a three year old did it! How did everyone get so good!?!?!

BLAH

Skyler

2. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Practice. Try the abstract. Make that tree imposiblly distorted. Make it ridged with geometric shapes

3. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Don't try abstract. People who suck at painting always try abstract. Something shitty turns up, and they all go, "well, it's abstract art, so it does'nt matter". Don't use the abstract genre(heh) as an excuss to be a really crappy painter. I'm sure you can find some kind of way to express yourself, other than painting.

4. Spinner

Spinner Member

Rainbow Tears, I believe you have ambition and talent. I, however have no such thing. So keep practicing, you get better.

5. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Thats not nessasarilly true. Some people who cant seem to get the realism thing down paint beautiful abstracts. You have to try different things.

6. greasytuesday

greasytuesday Member

You have to know how to draw realisticly to do abstact, its not as easy as everyone thinks. But my advice is to start drawing things from observation; an apple, a telephone, a vacuum cleaner (I'm just picking things that I can see right now :) ), anything. And when you draw it try and filter out perspective, if you know what I mean. Apply 2D shapes to things.

7. shinta

shinta Member

my teacher at art school always told me that everyone has talent to draw or paint,some people just need more practice than others

go for it![​IMG]

8. Lady_Pink_Floyd

Lady_Pink_Floyd Member

Yes, just try painting psychedelia, that's what i do...i can't paint realism.

And, I'm really doing well with the psychedelia, people love it!
    Try that...or, drawing...some poeple are better at drawing realistically than painting it. Like me! ha ha.

If not, try collage, there are many, many avenues you can take. But, yes, practice is also a really good thing to do!

OR, take up guitar, sewing...anything!
    The world is yours, and everyone is creative, they just have to see in whaat aspects.;)