I have decided!!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Brand New Soul, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

That I am going to influence a change! I know big dream, you can;t do it I have heard it all before! Well it may not change completly but an influence is good enough for me!

This summer I am going to set up a table in a local mall or some where...I don;t know yet because I have just decided today! But I am going to contact my local mall, or some where there is a lot of currculation of people and have a table informing people on animal cruelty! And thats a promise!

I'll do it alone...I don;t care its what I believe in! This is just the tip when finally I am old enough to do more...so that people will listen... I am going to try my hardest to help palestine and Israel. ANd Africa etc... Its gunna be a hard road...and hopefully I can do it. I have sat and watched long enough I have seen all I needed to see!

I know I sound out of my mind...maybe I am! But I can;t watch it anymore! And maybe I will fail...but at least I tried!

2. tculi

tculi Senior Member

right onnn

3. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

People getting active on the issues they care about is the only way the world can change for the better.

My advice: don't worry about what you think you sound like and don't let anyone convince you to give up. Just go out there and fight for what you believe in.

People saying things like " I can't watch it anymore" is the basis of almost every positive social change in history. So take your message to the streets. You may be more effective than you realize.

Good Luck!

4. vodoo chile

vodoo chile Member

total respect for you im glad your doing something most people just talk about it.glad to see you doing something about it good luck.

5. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

i support you 100% :D

6. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

Don't let the negative people discourage you.

7. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

yeah, they're probably just jelous anyway haha

8. BungalowBrad

BungalowBrad Member

Very impressive, seeing as how you're only 15! I wish I had gotten into the life I am in right now when I was that young. Good for you :)

brad

9. Brand New Soul

Thank you guys for your support :) Means more than you know :)

10. randomrules

randomrules Member

11. believe

believe Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree with what some people said in regards to not calling yourself crazy. You are a visionary and there's no reason for self-deprecation (belittling yourself). More power to you.

Also, I read a book called Clueless at the Top where the authors talk about hierarchies. They liken all the ills of our world (animal cruelty, for example) to a plant, but I can't remember that example very well so I'll give you another one. In the movie Independence Day, alien ships were destroying our planet. Our pilots were destroying their ships, but they kept coming- they didn't stop. Only when the mother ship was destroyed did all the smaller ships blow up as well.

What I'm trying to say with that example is that the fight is not about getting rid of animal cruelty (destroying a small ship), it has to be about destroying the source of the problem (the mother ship). After the source of the problem is destroyed, attitudes toward everything will change and animals will be accorded the respect they deserve.

The smaller ships (animal rights, abortion rights, gay and lesbian rights) will keep coming and we will lose fighters in the process, but if we focus our sights on the mother ship (our social operating system- capitalism, our government, whatever you want to call it) we will destroy the source of the problems and lose fewer fighters.

Does that make sense?

12. Brand New Soul

Randomrules"Im just saying- its unlikely that any of us have ever seen all we need to see"
    I get where your coming from and your right. But right now at this moment and when I worte that I have seen all I need to see to rise up and take action. I don;t need to watch more disastor. I really wish I didn;t see it at all. But nothings perfect.

Believe I get exactly what you mean! This is a big step for me and I must say that even though its bigger higher up places I shoul take it. I think I have to act upon what I believe in and show others in the community what is happening, it may be a small battle but would the government listen anyways? I have little faith in governemnt. I will eventually take it to the government but to the government and most adults Im nothing more than I minority! And they won;t listen or give a rats ass. I firgure with this hopefully more people will stand up!

13. believe

Do you mean you're a minority because you're so young? To hell with that. I don't care how old you are, if you've got something to say then you should have every right to say it regardless of your age. You are a human being and your opinions and ideas are no less valid than a 45 year olds'. Do your thing, Brand New Soul, if you need support we're right here.

14. Brand New Soul

Thanks Believe :)

15. yarrow_sun

yarrow_sun Member

I really like this analogy. I still think we should keep fighting the small ships like animal cruelty, discrimination, etc, though, to save who we can.

BTW, how do we "lose" fighters?

16. believe

When I say that we lose fighters, I don't mean that they necessarily die. I mean that they get burnt out, apathetic, get so frustrated that the battle they've chosen to fight isn't being won that they then drop out.

Fighting the battles will be neverending unless we undo the system that has created them. To do this we need to go to war. I realize that I'm using violent terminology (battle, war), but that's what it's going to end up being.

Brand New Souls' efforts and passions are admirable and I wish her the very best, but animal cruelty, discrimination, racism, poverty, and all the other human and environmental indignities won't go away until we attack and destroy the mother ship

17. YEM36313

YEM36313 Member

i think that what i have decided is to "Think Globally, Act Locally" but i will act locally where ever i can go. IF you can bring happiness or change to one person everyday, then the world would most certainly be a better place. Its gradual--change. You can not rush the process, but you have to get a head start. I think that this is a good thing-- wanting to change the world. Just remember to stay focused on changing the world, not saving the world.

But i will say, the best tool you have in changing things is a positive attitude... You have to look up, even when people put you down. That is really the key. Keep on believeing in yourself, be persistent, and be loving.
    :)
    Peace and love to you all

18. Brand New Soul

That is a very wise statement and I couldn't agree more with it!

19. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

Rock Out!!
    Speak Up!!

20. AvengingFlower

AvengingFlower Member

Animal cruelty should be stopped! Right on, girl!