I have created a Time Machine, where would you like to go?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by EroticaWriter, Jun 1, 2020.

1. EroticaWriter

EroticaWriter Senior Member

Imagine...
    I have created a Time Machine. But where to go?
    I have decided to put the 'where and when' to a public vote to see what the public thinks.
    Please feel free to list your top 5 options to 'where and when' the Time Machine should travel. (Max 5 choices)

There are only three simple rules...
    Rule No 1. You can not pick something personal.
    (We don't care if you want to go back and watch your parents conceiving you. We don't care who wins next years Super Bowl. We dont care if your grand daughter becomes a lawyer.
    It is also pointless to make a personal selection as your personal vote would be swamped by the public's rush for more interesting locations.)

Rule No 2. You can select any location and any time, past or future.

Rule No 3. You can only observe the location, you can not interact with it in any sense.
    (Thus, you cant go back and hold up a sign telling someone to kill an infamous person, for example.)

So.... where should we go?
    I am most curious to know what would excite the great minds of the world's most popular forum!

EW

ZenKarma likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Central Texas 65 million years ago to witness the asteroid plummeting towards earth which will ultimately lead to the extinction of the dinosaurs

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

speak for yourself. i'd like to know which weirdos want to watch that.

Eric! and hotwater like this.
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

the dawn of time. before the days of man. when giant lizards roamed the earth. :)

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

~13.8 Billion Years ago and I request quantum vision... Surely if you can make a time machine to the past, that'll be a cinch. I'll go there so I can see what shenanigans quantum fluctuations were up to or whatever the fuck was going on at the time... errr not time.

ZenKarma and EroticaWriter like this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

anyplace where no one hates logic, consideration, honesty nor imagination.
    such a place would likely seem very alien to anyone who might happen to be with me.

of course i would require, well there are several possible approaches to this, but essentially the ability to exist and experience being there.
    i have no particular obsession with earth's past, nor that of its dominant sapient species.

i like forests though, and making things.

EroticaWriter likes this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so, either before or after people.

scratcho and EroticaWriter like this.
  8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a planet in another solar system where people have different biology and culture. people/sapient, not equal human.

also oddly enough, humans have had very different cultures then dominate today, and i rather suspect, after ecopocalypse may very likely have again.
    mostly these were realatively isolated buy some where actually more technically advanced then more dominant cultures elsewhere.

very localized though, so you won't find them just by picking a particular time.

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Yes , you must target something else other than time and space . The place in a different time was
    somewhere else in space . Neither is a reliable co-ordinate . The spirit of one's concern is all there is .
    My concern is Einstein in his dying moment , for example . Not that I'd intrude .

10. BoyToy69

BoyToy69 Members

Another one here that would want to go back to the days of the dinosaurs. Just before they were wiped out. Just watch, and listen to all the amazing sounds they made.

11. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I would like to go into the future 1000 years please.

Barking Spider and EroticaWriter like this.
  12. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

About 150 years or so into the future in the vague hope that the world is a much better place than it is now.

EroticaWriter, BoyToy69 and Candy Gal like this.
  13. LingFox

LingFox Members

Wow, really! Great Job. Whether we can go to present places or past or future? can you explain it briefly?

14. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I look forward to the OP collating all the posts and see where we go.

15. EroticaWriter

Rule No 2. You can select any location and any time, past or future.
    So where would you like to go?

16. Drager1

Drager1 Members

How long do we get? An hour, a day?

17. EroticaWriter

You are an observer at the location you select.
    Bring a packed lunch - stay as long as you like :)
    And a cold beer if you want to watch the sunset.

Barking Spider likes this.
  18. Drager1

Drager1 Members

Bit of a morbid one but I'd go back to miller's court 1888,,see who the ripper really was.

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I actually think that we do go back in time in our dreams, but we are floating around with no ability to change anything. The feeling that we are powerless and everything is happening regardless is a common theme during dreams, which never seem to be inter-actual .
    Where the data comes from is one of the mysteries of science, but these places do exist and as an engineer I can date and partially locate the sites.
    One can only assume that some of the data must be locked in our brain at birth, but how and whether it is purely hereditary remains a mystery for now, since we still have little knowledge or the workings of our brain.
    I believe that it has strong links to the theory of reincarnation.
    Also, when we are dreaming, we may be apparent at that location as a ghost to people at that location at the time of our dreams,

By all the laws of physics, moving forward in time is impossible

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my dreams have the same ability to change things (in their own universe) as my waking life (in this one), small, statistical, fractional, but non-zero.
    and their own universe is not this one, though places in it may parallel to a degree.
    and it is the very differences in the laws of physics that make that universe recognizably distinct from this one.