I have been banned from another hippy forum

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by welshlamb, May 22, 2007.

1. welshlamb

welshlamb Member

for discusing 9/11 in a thread about 'is there islamist terrorists or are they government agents' type of thing.

I demolished the senior moderators inane comments and challenged him to place some facts on the table.

I support the 9/11 truth movement. He thinks that we are all a load of tinfoil hat wearing no brainers.

I am angry that he deleted my last post and banned me as I had made some good friends in that forum and furthermore,what about hippies and free speach.

What a controlling ...............

My faith in forums is dimished.

I am just one in a line of people banned for having supported the truth that 9/11 was an inside job.

Oh well, I guess he can reign unchallenged in his little world now.........

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

people get banned here, too. it's an ugly fact of forum life.

3. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

You wouldn't be the first person to get banned from that forum, they're very trigger happy. But don't worry, you'll be allowed to speak your mind here. I won't close your threads or ban you if I disagree with you. You'll find this forum, the UK section of Hipforums especially, is a much friendlier, more open and less authoritarian place. Personally I'm not one for conspiracy theories. I've read into the 9/11 truth movement, and I don't believe that it was an inside job, even if it did serve the interests of the Bush administration. Having said that, I am highly opposed to Bush, to the war and to much of American and British foreign policy. I think there's enough to criticise there as it is, with or without the 9/11 theories. But even if I disagree with you, I won't censor you. As long as you open your arguments up to fair criticism and debate, and expect the same of others, I'm sure you'll find a place here. You'll also find that some of the people on the other forum post here as well, and you'll always be able to make lots of new hippy friends. :)

4. Peace-Phoenix

Hardly ever on the UK Forum. I can't remember the last time I banned someone who wasn't just a one hit wonder commercial spammer....

5. lithium

lithium frogboy

Welcome along welshlamb:)

6. Raskalization

Raskalization Making plans for Nigel

I've never been on 'The other' site, it's just not my cup of tea anyone?:rolleyes5

7. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

yeah, that's true. people seem a bit more settled down over her on the uk forum, which is really nice. people get banned left and right on the rest of the forums, mainly because they start out harsh and keep it up.

8. ripple

ripple Member

welcome to the hipforums welshlamb! :)

9. welshlamb

welshlamb Member

thanks for the welcomes and trying to inspire me with confidence to post. The moderator that banned me, after being told by other moderators that I would not be banned for discussing and arguing my corner, closed all discussions in a controlling manner. His fav method was to ridicule all points but provide no evidence to back up his wild claims. I think a fair few simply back down when he wades in....

Anyway glade to be here - If I get a warning from the moderators here then I will know that I am the problem......

Watch this space

I am a lovely guy really......

10. lithium

lithium frogboy

I tried a couple of times to get into it but it has a very different atmosphere. Never had very much of a problem with my own posts getting tampered with but I don't like seeing other people's posts/threads get edited, deleted and closed all the time and discussions constantly micromanaged according to one vision of how a forum should be. I like the randomness of this place and the fact you're trusted to deal with things without being treated like a minion. One person's off-topic is another person's fascinating digression or hilarious joke; excessive moderation tends to get rid of this element of spontaneity and serendipity.

Ironic that ukhippy was started because of objections to some trigger-happy moderation that happened in this forum, but now you are far more likely to get edited deleted or banned over there than you ever have been here:rolleyes:

11. Peace-Phoenix

Tenner says you're talking about Atomik....

12. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Very true.
    Once you go UK, you wont go back!
    Erm... :confused:

I love it here opposed to the rest off the forum. One thing that I noticed right of the bat, is that I feel like I'm actually heard here. I always felt like I could never get in anywhere else, my posts just got lost, or skipped. It was really hard to establish a place out there, but it's great here, took me no time at all!

So welcome, enjoy. :D

13. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

I don't know about that. Considering that Sal started moderating about eight years ago and is now pretty high-up, factoring in the forum population and already-filled moderator slots, I'd say it'd take me about 15 years starting from any specified time to become a junior mod, then work my way up the chain and eventually overthrow Skip. Considering I'm 24 now, and assuming I die or lose my ability to think by the time I'm 70, I have until I'm 51 to have at least a 5-year rule over the forums.

If I were to replace Skip in his position as Hipforums Main Bloke, I would first rename it the Power_13 Forums. I would force each user to end their posts with "All Hail Lord Power Horatio Thirteen", with punishment for not complying...two day probation first time, one week probation second time, outright ban third time, summary execution fourth time. The only avatars available would be my favourite cute animal pictures with a big "THIS IMAGE HOSTED ON EBAUMSWORLD.COM" watermark just to piss everybody off. I'd change the forum backgrounds to assorted images of me singing to my neighbour's pet cat, and all the smilies would be replaced with a single one; [​IMG]. Subscribed members would also be able to use [​IMG]. See, I'm not sexually discriminative, but how else am I supposed to make money to feed my prized collection of ex-Hawkwind members?

Sig files would also see some major changes. Each one would be an image of me in various clown costumes. I'm a fair man, of course, and people would be able to decide which particular image they want in their sigs. Well, actually, to make it more difficult they're only allowed to choose two images that the definitely *don't* want in their sigs. As I say, though, I'm a fair man. Anyone who doesn't want the clown image of me in their sigs will be able to eMail me and invite me to their house. I would come over for a week and a half, sleep on their sofa, eat all their canned fruit and paint over their TV screen in Tipp-ex.

Due to escalating bandwidth costs, I would start what I call the "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad" rule. One in three of any posts any member makes would be deleted (at random) to lower bandwidth from posting. Anyone who complained about this would receive a link to the video for the Meatloaf song of the same name, along with a signed photograph of me on a horse. In a clown suit. Me, not the horse.

There would be a secret word too, one that nobody is allowed to say. Anyone who mentions the word, any word that rhymes with it, any synonym of said word or any word that kind of looks similar if you squint and pretend it's different letters would be banned. The word would also change every week, or whenever I wanted it to, with the only notice being that I would edit every single member's posts to contain the word. Then I'd ban them.

So yeah, Lithium. Next time you say it's less likely to be banned over here, stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST. REASON - "HALF" IS THE SECRET WORD]

14. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

What ever you are on Power 13 - I want 1/3 of it - cheers.

15. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

Quick man, edit that secret word out [​IMG]

16. Peace-Phoenix

Hahahahaha! You bellend :tongue: And I didn't start moderating eight years ago, it was more like six, and don't forget I had a good 6 month break a year ago. You make me sound old....

17. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Lmao @ Power

18. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Phew -

Quick thinking Batfink.

19. welshlamb

welshlamb Member

Yes.

Well I am banned for 7 days, like I'm being expelled for a week at school for being naughty. I won't be going back. Tis a shame though.

I think I will enjoy it here.....

20. Peace-Phoenix

Haha, Batfink, I remember that show. The plots were identical in every episode....