I hate tornados

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by DancerAnnie, Jun 21, 2006.

1. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

Ive been through some crazy ones where all you can do is sit and watch as it all plays out.

Havent seen any real good ones in a few years though. Mostly lightning here and its the bad kind.

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

The entirety of the Texas Panhandle is under a thunderstorm watch, but lord knows, this year they've decided to suddenly stop giving us tornado watches. We've only had a few up here and the first tornado of the season, whaddaya know, no watch, just straight to warning. I'm afraid we're going to blow away and not even know it. *mutters and shakes fist at the National Weather thingy*

3. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

i have never seen one at all and I wouldnt want to.

4. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

actually what hit you somehow missed me, and whats going to hit you is hittng me right now. The lights are flickering, I'll be lucky to stay on here five more minutes

5. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Oh man. Well I hope it doesn't get too bad there! Stay safe, and wish me luck if it's bad and that storm is heading my way!

Right now, the sun is out again. Crazy weather.

6. hippychickmommy

Wow, that's just nuts! :eek:

7. hippychickmommy

Heck, I get worked up at the thought of just one tornado, couldn't begin to fathom five! Dear goodness, I'd be passed out cold on the floor!

8. hippychickmommy

Was your house damaged? Or did it pretty much skip over you?

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I drove in some nasty weather last november...... it was hailing on me, and raining so hard on the interstate, I had to pull over..... it was windy too, and scary. later I found out that there were multiple tornadoes all over kansas, and in the westen part, it snowed crazy..... so bad they had to shut down half the interstate, because it was blowing people off the road

10. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

back in '95 there was a microburst that hit this area and there were funnel clouds...crazy shit to see something like that this far north...

11. hippychickmommy

Well that's good that your house wasn't severely demolished or anything! That's always been my fear, to be huddled in the basement and have the entire house ripped right off. How terrifying would that be?! *shudders at the thought*

12. hippychickmommy

Well seamonster must be okay because it still says he's online!

The hubby, kids, and I all went out to dinner tonight, and it got super dark out again. We had some thunder and lightning, but none of that crazy wind this time. So this storm front wasn't nearly as bad as the other one earlier. The temp has dropped here quite a bit from earlier, and the humidity has definitely decreased. I'm not really worried about tornados at this point.

Hopefully I won't be jinxing myself again! :p