I hate tornados

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by DancerAnnie, Jun 21, 2006.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

There were three today in my county. One was a mile away. It was scary. It knocked out our power and I spent an hour down in my basement. Where my sister USUALLY parks her car, a huge branch fell (she didn't park it there today because she wasn't feeling good and didn't want to park far from the house). So because the power was knocked out, I couldn't do my homework that is due by noon tomorrow...so I settled on getting one paper done and the second just won't get done at all.

Wild weather on the first day of summer! Hope it's not a sign of things to come! :eek:

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I noticed there was a bunch of rain up there, the Indians game was rained out etc.

Nothing at all down here

3. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I hate tornadoes also. I'm glad you're okay.

They scare the shit out of me but I've met people from other places that actually are so used to tornadoes that they go outside when there is a warning.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

We rarely get tornadoes here in NY, which is good. When we do get tornadoes in the state, they're always an F1 or lower.

5. seamonster66

we get them, but honestly I never remember anything bad really happening, aside from when i was a baby, the infamous Xenia tornado destryed a whole town a few miles from us, nothing at all where we were

6. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I think my fear of tornadoes stemmed from when I was 7...my sister was just born and our house was being added on to...and there were three tornadoes that roared past my house...not to mention the four funnel clouds spotted in the area as well. Our addition was completely tore up. Ever since then I've been scared shitless. We get a lot of storms in my area because it's so flat...and the weather is so all over the place.

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

we get tornadoes here alot, I know that comes as a shocker to you all!

8. seamonster66

I remember seeing and hearing one only once when i was a kid, but we certainly were hiding out in the basement a lot. Not sure why that didn't seem to happen as much when i got older.

I will never forget the sound.

We do get plenty of vicious storms though

9. seamonster66

Seems like ou there you've got to feel lucky surviving till age 20. You must have a guardian angel ;)

10. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I have more than one guardian angel.

11. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

There aren't many tornadoes around here and when there are some they don't usually touch down, however a couple of times people that lived within ten mins from me died from tornadoes so that's kinda scary....

I've also been visiting in places where the sky has turned all kinds of crazy colors and sirens with human voices come on and say "tornado spotted, get inside!"-
    for some reason I was the only one out of that group to get inside. The rest stayed outside and took pictures....

I don't mess with tornadoes. Don't like em.

12. seamonster66

How can you tell how many?

13. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

and believe it or not, I have never seen a twister. honest to god truth. and IM going to knock on wood, because I dont want to.

14. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Didn't you live in a mobile home in Kansas during college? I would have freaked out way too much to do that...

15. seamonster66

I read that as "didn't you live in a box in Compton during the riots?" because thats how dangerous it sounded to me

16. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

^Hahahaha. I know right.

17. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

well I know a couple.......

and I know my grandma has recently joined, I feel her around me.

you just know........

18. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

yes, for a year and 1/2

and I had one scary night there......... 60 mph winds. I was prayin to the lord jesus. I was alone.

19. ruski

ruski Senior Member

torandoes are my favourite natural distaster

20. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

We don't usually get em. Do get alot of backlash from the hurricanes, though.