I hate Kevin Nealon

Discussion in 'TV Comedies and Sitcoms' started by Fueled by Coffee, Jul 17, 2012.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

In the showtime series Weeds. He is the Jar-Jar Binks of the show. He is annoying and useless as hell. Why couldn't they have just killed him off?!

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think his character is hilarious on Weeds.

Without him and Andy the show really would be a soap opera..just way too over the top dramatic. He brings humor to it.

3. 6-eyed shaman

Ok, but I feel most of his humor is a idiotic kind of humor that isn't very clever, and he can be a wise-cracking jackass. He's not the only one who is funny on that show. My favorite character is Celia Hodes. She is evil, witty, and brings so much to the show.

4. Poppy Sunshine

Poppy Sunshine atypical hippie Lifetime Supporter

Hubby and I were just talking last night about who we missed on the show and Celia was the first one character I named.

They NEED to keep Doug in the show for all the reasons you said don't like about him. He provides a necessary element.

Personally, I think they could lose Nancy's sis and nieces and nobody would miss them (except Andy).

5. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I think Kevin might actually be writing for the show. Otherwise I can't imagine what real purpose he serves. If he is writing, it's probably his own lines which explains why they aren't very funny.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

She definitely needs to be brought back. I like the idiocy of Kevin nealon. The writers always put him in the most ridiculous situations and he's such an idiot on top of it..I love it. It's definitely not razor sharp wit but it's silly humor and I dig it

7. Poppy Sunshine

Poppy Sunshine atypical hippie Lifetime Supporter

I think you're right about Kevin writing.

His purpose is obvious - he's a total dimwit - worse than Andy. Name a show (other than a total drama) that doesn't have a "Doug".

Newman from Seinfeld just came to mind. Was he necessary? He wasn't funny but he added an element that helped the show. I couldn't stand HIM! Doug is definitely funnier.

8. 6-eyed shaman

I'm beginning to think the whole serie has gone downhill lately. They should have stopped before Shane hit puberty.

9. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I guess they developed the Kevin character to show how stupid people can be when they're high. Like the whole stick the dick in the drawer and slam it scene for example. He really serves no other purpose. He's like an 8 yr old kid who is hopelessly dependent upon others. Also if you're into the weed growing/selling world, I presume there are always going to be hangers-on who are just around for the free weed.

I always wonder whether Weeds is meant to be an anti-weed show or a pro-weed show. One thing they have done very successfully is show nearly all facets of the weed biz from the novice grower to Big Pharma. For this they are to applauded!