I hate getting ID'd

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by _chris_, Apr 6, 2007.

1. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

it's just plain fuckin annoying.

still got pished the night though

2. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

I'm assuming you mean when trying to buy alcohol. I just get older people to buy it for me. :D

3. dapablo

dapablo redefining

There was a murmer about raising the legal limit to 18 years, some states in the usa have it I believe.

4. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

What did you get ID'd for fags?
    Your 16 thats the legal age to buy em, its just one of those things.

I wish I still got asked, they just dont even bother with us older ones anymore *sigh*

5. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

my nephew was able to get served in pubs without being ID when he was 12-13 he is six foot seven and looked over 18 at 12-13 , I wonder if there is a record for the youngest person to look over 18 and get served in a pub .

6. PinkMoon

PinkMoon Senior Member

i dont mind getting ID'd...theyre only doing their job..

7. lithium

lithium frogboy

Yeah, and so were the concentration camp guards shovelling people into ovens:eek: You know, in many ways, you're actually worse than Hitler:eek:

8. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

hitler didnt attack teddy bears ok he killed millions of people and children ,but he didnt get a teddy bear and assault him with a demonic look of glee and a lighter .

9. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

Pubs are easy to get into, it's just clubs where they have pound a pint deals...

10. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

It's hard to get into pubs or clubs here or buy alcohol if you're under age. But cigarettes, they'll sell those to anyone. :confused:

11. ripple

ripple Member

Asda's weird over 21 policy always gets me. If you look under 21 they have to ask for Id proving you are over 18. Even paying with a visa card wont help things!

12. phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo dreadfully real

um ... you have to be 21 in the States to buy alcohol.

13. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Yup, around where I live, we get lots of kids coming up from the states so they can drink. It's rather dumb, they might as well just make it the same.

14. phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo dreadfully real

yeah i used to go up to Niagara Falls to buy alcohol once i turned 19

15. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I got ID'd to buy rizlas a couple weeks ago...:D

16. ripple

ripple Member

hahaha, that happened to me too once, and i was paying for petrol at the same time! Think the guy just didnt like me.

17. Little Miss Strange

Little Miss Strange Member

I still get asked for ID buying tobacco sometimes and I am 26 in a few months! But if the person asking is a cock, it's well worth the look of embarrassment when I get my passport out. Especially as they are usually younger than me anyway... bless them! [​IMG]

18. autumn_jewels

autumn_jewels Member

i was once in a queue in spar behind my younger sister. she had just bought alcohol and i was buying fags and *I* got ID'd! She was laughing so much! I was like 'do I look 15?' and they said 'no' and i was like - so why are you IDing me then!!!

Dont often get ID's though, but have been down canal street in Manchester and also once in Chester, though in Chester they said I was fine when I contested it as I didnt have any. I go out with younger people though, think thats my problem

19. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

That has also happened to me before! Even the guy's colleague thought he was stupid!

20. CaptainDave

CaptainDave Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You've probably all heard about the sting operations that licencing authorities are doing all over the country - where they send underage people into alcohol retailers to attempt to purchase alcohol.

As well the usual fines and penalties to the licence holder of the premises if one of these test purcahses are succesful, there is now also an £80 on the spot fine for the person who sold the alcohol. For a part-time minimum wage bartender that could be their entire week's wages. This has greatly increased everybody's chances of being ID'd, no matter how old you are. For all the bartenders I know the 'Challenge 21' scheme is their golden rule. If they have even the smidgest of doubt that somebody is under 21, they'll ask for ID.