i had a bad day

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by unionpacificrailroad, Jan 27, 2005.

1. unionpacificrailroad

unionpacificrailroad Member

Peace,

school was a bummer today. i was severely harassed from lunch to 6th period about 1 and 1/2 hours. i told our principal about it but i shouldnt have to deal with this. if someone has a problem they should have the guts to come up and say it. sexualy harassed and on top of that i was severely discriminated against. i could use some encouragement. when you older folks were in school whould this kind of thing happen? if so what would the staff do about it?

later

the tired flower chiild

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

heyy your a 16 year old guy, your supposed to like being sexually harassed..haha, idk really, just know you are in a better place by not responding with negativity, you are more free.. ya know? and they are just doing what they think they are supposed to and dont really know any better, and they probably never will unfortunatley, try to stay positive even if they make it hard and things get tough...its more rewarding that way i suppose, and with more negativity comes more growth and positivity in the long run.try to be true to yourself... its basically useless to try and make them understand where you are coming from, they will just think you are more strange, i mean cmon, when have you ever seen peace love and understanding on MTV?just imagine yourself in a few years, and how insignificant all of this will be, and how great things will be travellin all about with that ride of yours with a girl riding along probably, and you will probably get a chuckle looking back at it all, while they are crammed into their cubicles cursing their life and job every morning they get up before work.

3. good2bhome

good2bhome Member

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. I had many bad days in school when I was your age and nobody ever seemed to do anything about it. Nobody deserves to be treated like that. Now that I have a few kids of my own, we homeschool.

4. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

We didn't even have the term "sexual harassment" let alone complaining about it. Any problems were dealt with outside of the school, as a rule.

5. WE1

WE1 Member

For you to defend your beliefs and yourself. If you let people walk all over you, they most likely will. I never had these kinds of problems in school or in my daily life because,I did not let them happen. If you are willing to fight for what you believe in these problems will most likely cease. Remember, some things in life are worth fighting for,your self-respect is one of them. Joshua, I will be in europe for about three weeks starting on Tuesday. So,I will not be around much during that time.Take care of yourself.

6. Savannah

Savannah Member

I'm sorry your day was so difficult. It feels so awful to be targeted by someone. I remember one girl at school who seemed to get mad over just about every event that occurred in my life. I don't know why she was so focused on me in such a negative way.

What I have come to learn over the years is that it is usually a problem with them. You could just be who you are, not meaning to harm anyone with your way of being in this world. Someone with emotional issues may target you because you are bringing up that issue in them just by being who you are, through no fault of yours.

A visualization I use is placing their negativity in a box and handing it back to them. Then just keep on keepin on, as they say.

Those are my two cents, for what it's worth. I hope things will get better for you.

peace 'n love,
    Savannah

7. unionpacificrailroad

unionpacificrailroad Member

PEace WE,

i agree. and i will use your advise wisely. thank you VERY much. i hope you have a good trip and a groovy vacation. ou are a very good friend WE :). i apreciate how much you have helped me. i hope soon i can get out of this root and help you in return. good night we.

later

the tired flower child