I give up on tea

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by FreshDacre, Aug 30, 2009.

1. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I have been a regular consumer of this amazing beverage for 10 years, all i ever heard were the positive aspects about it how there are oh so many wonderful antioxidants. Now i just was cruising on the internet yesterday and found out from multiple sources that tea actually has a high content of flouride, and absorbs it from the enviroment. I feel as if my best friend has let me down. I hate fluoride so much that i don't even use regular toothpaste. Well, for now on, mabey all have tea very rarely, but now i have to treat them in the same manner of how i smoke nicotine.
    Goodbye tea hello beer!!:cheers2:

2. Stabby

Stabby Member

"High content" is relative. If you're drinking 6 pots of tea a day, that's probably too much. A couple of cups of tea a day won't cause problems and does a world of good. You could switch to white tea which has similar antioxidant levels to green tea but less fluoride. Or even herbal tea. Or you could just stop being a dumbfuck. Both are good choices.

3. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Any amount of fluoride is high content for me. I don't even use regular toothpaste because of it. It is a hardcore poison for the body, even in trace amounts. I already know white tea has less fluoride, because as the plant ages, it collects more fluoride. White tea also has way more antioxidants than other teas. So yeah if i do ever try poisoning myself any more it will be with white tea. I don't know why you found it necessary to call me a dumbfuck u dumbfuck.

4. Stabby

Stabby Member

You're ignoring the fact that it's only toxic in large quantities. So being paranoid and obsessive about a couple of cups of tea and your toothpaste is ridiculous. Of course being paranoid and obsessive is your choice I suppose.

5. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Umm its toxic in low quantities. Its just not AS toxic and its harder to notice. Everybody else can do what they want but i am glad i'm in charge of myself and can give honest advice to anyone that will listen. I will be the one laughing when i live a long healthy fulfilling life.

6. Stabby

Stabby Member

By toxic I meant having adverse effects. And there aren't any adverse effects in such small amounts present in tea. A little bit of a "toxin" isn't a little toxic if it doesn't do anything.

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

@OP.. so what really makes you feel sure that you are gonna live a long healthy life? have you invested in a bubble? you could get hit by a car tomorrow.. or you could end up with cancer from a variety of reasons.. or a heart attack.. stroke.. the possibilities are endless as to how you could die prematurely.. healthy or not.. just thought i'd throw that out there

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

ah yes.. because there is nothing toxic about alcohol :rolleyes:

9. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Well i eat as good as i possibly can imagine, i ride my bike up a super steep hill multiple times a day, so i do put in an effort. I'm not saying that i know for sure i am gonnah live long, but i'm sure as hell doing everything i possibly can to. As for beer, its just one of my favorite things in life. I don't drink very much, usually just one a day. Alcohol isn't nearly as toxic as fluoride.

10. I Am The Carcass

I Am The Carcass Banned

Can't tea carry carcinogens too? I drink it probably once every single day of my life anyway. I eat healthy enough, it won't affect me.

11. SithLocked Holmes

SithLocked Holmes Member

Life just ain't worth living without tea.

Like joker said, there are a million things out there that could lead to our end. I just can't imagine giving up something I really enjoy out of fear.

12. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I'm not giving it up out of fear. I'm giving it up because my health is more important to me than tea is.
    I always have liked coffee better anyways.

13. Stabby

Stabby Member

Okay last time, a couple of cups of tea a day isn't anywhere close to enough fluoride to cause skeletal fibrosis in any manifestation of the disease. It's completely innocuous and you're being a paranoid alarmist.

14. Tsurugi_Oni

Tsurugi_Oni Member

Coffee ain't god for you either man. It's REALLY hard on the stomach, and stains your teeth.

There's minute amounts of toxic compounds in everything you eat. In reality it's pretty negligible though. I say do whatever makes you FEEL healthy though. You could argue veggie vs. omni, milk vs none, wheat vs celiac disease. The list goes back and forth. Just do whatever works for YOU.

If flouride in tea is really caused by the environment you might want to look into Rooibos Teas. South African blended teas that are caffeine free, and absolutely delicious if you get premium blends from good sources. Some of my favorite teas. Not tannic at all, and combines VERY well with fruits or floral components.

15. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Yeah i researched all the different teas and rooibos tea also has alot of fluoride in it. White tea has the least amount of fluoride, and herbal teas don't have fluoride, but herbal tea isn't real tea anyways so whats the point of that. I do whatever the logic in my head tells me whats best. I don't care if coffee is hard on the stomach it's not toxic. It even has vitamins and minerals.

16. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

You don't know what you're saying:eek: Herbal tea is THE tea! I didn't like it at first either. Now that brown muck tastes like shit in comparison. Herbals all the way

17. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

If your real tea tastes like brown muck you should try out some better quality tea.

18. neone

neone Member

I think you're full of shit. Switching from tea to coffee because you care that much about your health? If you really cared about your health at a supreme level like you claim you would make the decision to drink NEITHER. Oh, and you would not smoke either.

19. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Who says i smoke? Who says coffee is bad? Coffee is only bad if your addicted like alot of things.
    Btw its a fact that coffee has good source of vitamins/minerals.

20. neone

neone Member

It is a fact that the coffee company wants you to believe that there are biologically available nutrients in coffee that improve your life......