I get sick! Please Help

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by CleverDemise, Jan 2, 2005.

1. CleverDemise

CleverDemise Member

First of all, I began smoking since early August, almost once a day.
    (Well, I didn't start off at once a day, but anyways...)

Smoking has always been great for me, and I've never had any problems at all until about 3 weeks ago. This might sound really dumb, but please just bare with me... I havent vomited since the 3rd grade, (I'm 19 now) and thats mainly because I hate it more than anything in the world. Like, I'd rather be punched in the face 20 times than throw up once. It was such a problem, that I would get paranoid about it, and start making myself get symptoms like nausa, and I think i was going to throw up. I actually went to therapy for this. (This was quite some time ago, I havent been scared of vomiting, and havent vomited, for many years) but something happened to me.

One night about 3 weeks ago, me and a few friends smoke a lot of purple haze. almost 2 grams. We were sitting on the floor talking and laughing, and then all of a sudden, i got extremely nausiated. I ran upstairs and then dry heaved once, and felt kind of sick and weak the rest of the night.
    I orginially thought that i had smoked way to much of some really good stuff. I mean, it makes sense, so i kind of pushed the whole experience out of my head and went on.

Well, christmas eve, the SAME THING happened. But I only smoked 3 small bowls of some normal mids, and it was with another person.
    Now I'm getting paranoid everytime i smoke, and i dont enjoy myself at ALL, because i start feeling ill (or maybe i'm making it up in my head, which leads to some questions i'm going to ask)

Is there any way that Marijuana is making me sick? I thought it was originally because i smoked too much at one time, but the latter story proves that wrong.

While being high, can me being paranoid actually be creating ill symtoms for myself?

I know this is probably the most rediculous thing that anyone has ever heard, but it IS a problem for me, and I wish it wasnt. Trust me, i wish more than ANYONE that i wasn't rediculously paranoid and scared of vomiting. It's like a mental issue that plagues an otherwise normal person.

If anyone has ANY tips or information or anything that could cure or prevent this, i would be extremely grateful.

2. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

Smoke more weed!

3. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Well, i remeber watching this movie, and some kid gave his little brother a cigg, and told him, if he swallows, rather then inhales, he'll vomit. Now i don't know if this applies to pot, or if its true at all, or if you ever swallow. I've never heard about this, but, someitmes i feel im too fucked up when high and i a get a tad sick. I've puked once or twice but, the only one time i remember, was mcdonalds, so it mighta been the food. maybe you smoked to much, got nausious, then made yourself paranoid to the point where you puked. I'm sorry i cannot help anymore.

4. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I sometimes get nausea when I smoke.
    To cure it after the symptoms start I would suggest movement. Take a walk, or do the dishes, or something. Sitting and chating is contra-indicated.

To prevent it, I would recomend activity. It need not be movement, like in the above cure. Playing music works, if you are a musician. Something pleasant to focus your mind outside yourself. Also as a general rule in all situations, drink water. Keeping yourself hydrated is important at all times.

5. deserttraveler

deserttraveler Member

I've never gotten sick, I've coughed hard enough to almost puke. But movement does sound like a good idea. Take a walk, get some air that isn't herb smoke and it might help. Goodluck!

Oh yeah, and smoke more weed

6. CleverDemise

CleverDemise Member

Thanks everyone, i'll try all of your advice, and if anyone has any more, definitely post it

7. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Marijuana being the mental-drug that it is, it could very well be all in your head. You feel paranoid about getting sick (you stated it is a problem for you, or was at one time), and with marijuana amplifying your fear, paranoia, and feelings/sensations, it could just be mental.

Or maybe you're swallowing smoke. Try taking smaller hits and see if that helps.

Marijuana itself is good at preventing nausea, my mom, a cancer nurse, sometimes suggests it to her patients who are on chemotherapy. So it really shouldn't be making you puke, not the drug itself.

8. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i find it kind of odd that people are vomiting from smoking pot...it helps settle my stomach and i feel 10 times better if i feel im about to vomit.

I agree with what BTM said about it being all mental, and perhaps putting on some good relaxing music will make you feel better and you wont vomit.

9. CleverDemise

CleverDemise Member

This could be it, because sometimes I do get all nervous and paranoid about it even if i'm NOT high, so being high really could amplify the effect.

This is a nice forum, nobody flamed me for having a weird problem and everyone tried to help. I appreciate it.

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

lol i love vomiting, as long as i dont get any on me. not any old time, but if the time happens that i feel like vomiting, the first thing i want to do it go vomit. it feels like im ridding my body of toxins, or simply of something that is evidently so bad that it would make me vomit.

and since its usually with alchohol, i figure, if i go vomit, ill feel good as new and ill have an emptied stomach to fill up again with booze
    lol

but i dont do that anymore

11. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

True that, man. I always feel better after puking. Except when I'm throwing up because I'm drunk, that just sucks. But if I'm sick and have to throw up, I feel way better after.