I get sick feeling every time i eat...

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by mynameiskc, Aug 15, 2005.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

whenever i eat i end up feeling really lousy for a really long time. i can't breathe, my heart races and my headache intensifies. does anyone have any idea why?

2. Chill~mama

Chill~mama Member

what are you eating?
    possible food allergy?
    do you have an eating disorder or low self esteem? (stemming back from early childhood... as dr phil would say)

but to me, i get this and i call it "anxiety" and it's not always caused by what i am eating. it is caused by the mood i am in before i eat or if i wait too long or if i am eating something i know is bad for me or i am indulging

3. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

That doesn't sound good. I don't know what it is. Hypertension, maybe. Honey, please see the doctor. Were you done with pregnancy nausea by now? Is this a new symptom? Please see your doctor or midwife.

Take care of yourself.

4. annabegins

annabegins Member

when i was pregnant, my heart would race and i would have trouble breathing, they had to put me on a heart monitor and everything, that happens to some pregnant women. Ive read that it is bc your low on magnesium.also, i would get very sick when i ate at the end of my pregnancy, and i called my midwife, and she told me that it was because there isnt enough room for my stomach and to eat smaller meals. dont know if any of this helps, but i would definitely call the doc.

5. mynameiskc

i'm taking the glucola test today. i'm an obese pregnant woman, though i was in fairly good health prior to pregnancy. i was terribly sick the first trimester and lost 20 pounds, but now they're coming back the right way. we think it MAY be my blood sugar levels, so i'm getting it check today. thankfully i don't ahve to fast, because i have a long way to drive in the rain. i'm sure the stress is going to have my blood sugar freaking out.

6. Maggie Sugar

(((((((((KC)))))))))

Let then know about your symtoms BEFORE they start the test. I don't want you fainting or throwing up during it.

Take care of yourself, honey, and let her HCP know what is going on with you.

7. mynameiskc

yeah i better. thankfully it's the short one. otherwise i'd have to fast 12 hours, drink that sugar garbage and sit there. i'd hav eot stay at dave's ex's house and have her drive me. and all the kids over there make me NUTS.

8. Maggie Sugar

Let us know how it goes.

Hugs and love and good health to you and your little bundle!

9. mynameiskc

i've gotten no info from teh doc about how i've done, but that doesn't really mean anything, since he has in the past allowed soemthing go until my next appointment. which is kinda irritating. so i have to call today and see if they even have results. i got SO SICK drinking that nasty glucola stuff. you shoulda seen my baby girl's face when i was drinking it. she just looked appalled! and right after, i had to go pee, so i asked where the restroom was, and the lab tech says "just don't throw up. you should probably sit a couple minutes." i had an entire waiting room full of sympathetic, horrified-looking people. it was pretty funny, looking back. then i just felt incredibly loopy, could barely find my way to the cafeteria, and then wante to sleep.