I feel like I'm going to die young

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by darkain, May 31, 2007.

1. darkain

darkain Member

Even at the age of 12, I knew I would die young. Now at 21, I feel like my time is near. Anyone else get this?

2. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Yes. I've always said I was going to die young. I never thought I'd never even make it to my 20th birthday, but I'm 24 and still here. I'm kind of bummed out...LOL

3. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

I'm not worried about when I die. I just enjoy life as long as it lasts.

4. ~AmyLeeLoo~

~AmyLeeLoo~ Member

Im scared of dyin before I can accomplish some things, as getting married and having children.
    I would like to be a mother before i die.
    That's what frightens me actually.

5. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

yeah one day you will be an old fart sitting on a porch telling people about how you thought you were gonna die young - I bet you cry yourself to sleep at night planning how your funeral will look and sound

6. myself

myself just me

If you think something bad is going to happen, it will turn out fine (personal superstition).

7. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My attitude has always been, I might live to be 100 or I might die today, and it's useless worrying about it. I'm 53 now and in pretty good shape, so it's worked for me so far.

I once worked with this guy with a heart condition. He was in his 20s and doctors told him he'd be lucky if he lived to be 50. One day he suddenly quit his job because a girl he was just beginning to go out with moved to San Francisco and he moved with her. To most of us that's not a good reason to leave a good job and relocate somewhere that you don't know anyone, but in his case who could blame him? He had to live his life like there was no tomorrow, because there might not be one.

If you don't have any particular health problems then plan your life as if you expect to live to a ripe old age, but try to live each day fully, as you would if you were expecting a short life.

8. MOZMAN

MOZMAN Member

i dont worry about dying so much, just will it be a struggle for ever?

9. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Yes, I used to think that a lot. In fact, I DID nearly die 4 years ago, but fought like heck for my life. Maybe if I didn't have such a strong will to live, I would have slipped away then, goodness knows I came pretty close.

10. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

Don't be afraid of death. If you'd like to become comfortable with it, than try some LSD or peyote and you'll get a whole new scoop on dying.

What is it about death that scares you specifically ?

11. cephlasparks

cephlasparks Member

Its death mate not the end. Prove me right or wrong and the answer will be yours to gulp down.

12. bluflame

bluflame Member

21...sorry you would not longer die young, but of course i'm thinking of young as in 16 which was how old my friend was when he die about a month ago :(. if i died at 21 i wouldnt think of myself as dying young. but thats just my opinion.

13. NeEdMoReHaPpY

NeEdMoReHaPpY Member

I feel the same way... I don't think I'll make it past 30. I don't know why... :/

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well the average life expectancy is like 70 or something these days, so really dieing before then would technically be young.

when you're talking about a 70 year life span, the difference between 16 and 21 is relatively insignificant

15. Wormed

Wormed Member

Do a ton of cool shit while you're still alive and breathing, and you'll have nothing to regret. If you're waiting or holding off a call to an old friend... fuck it. Call them. Because there's hardly a consequence if you're going to die anyway [just kidding about that last part]!

But on a serious note, live to your full potential and have nothing to regret about your life!

16. brianne67

brianne67 Member

yes i freak out everyday thinking its my last...so i wont plan for my future and i do stupid things. i learned just not to think about it and live life happy

17. snakeonarope

snakeonarope Member

I dreamth my life,
    and now I am dreaming my death...
    dying words of ugala. an african shaman.

18. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Thanks for hanging around.
    You make this a better place.

19. darkain

darkain Member

Tell me that in three years. 21 is young. I still can't shake the feeling. But I am glad to see I am not the only one who has this feeling. I'm so 100% sure I'm going to die that I've accepted it. No fear, and I often look forward to it being all over.

Its not that I am depressed, rare for me to be sad/angery. Sometimes I feel like a failure, but no more then youre average person I'd assume. I figure its my time to go, thats all.

20. gingercaily

gingercaily Member

Sometimes, I also felt that I'm going to die young..i don't know why..any explanation with this...