I Feel Humans Are Horrible

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Meliai, Aug 5, 2017.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

@Meliai
    Just laugh at him. Makes his little pee pee shrivel up.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2018
    Eric! and Meliai like this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Some are. It has been said that working people will vote against their own interests. It has also been said that- "I love the uneducated." So, my son in law gets a job doing construction here in the area. His particular job has him working by himself, but the other workers are right there close by and they all eat lunch together. The workers have a strong attraction to Trump (voted for him) and he is from Australia, however he seems to know more about this country than his fellow workers. His grandmother is 100% aborigine, his mother half and of course he has that great accent. They DO NOT know he is part black himself and he said the comments are amazing. "Obama should be shot between the eyes." Son in law--"Why is that?" Because he's a ******!" And other such gems. He is NOT going to tell anyone about his heritage and he is looking for another job. I told him "good luck with that." They are EVERYWHERE. His people had a hard time in Aussieland, but it's better now, so he says. I've seen it myself, having worked roofing for damn near 50 years. Anyone I hire ever started in on racist bullshit will find themselves JOBLESS. Education is one of the keys to bringing people into the realm of critical thinking, IMO. But I think that most overt racists are completely unrepentant. It's a sad world we have going.

3. I like to think that just by posting in this thread I am proving you wrong because it is so obvious I am a terrific person.

Meliai likes this.
  4. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I think we all have the capacity to be horrible, but there's one person who was never horrible...she was so inspiring, and that's my grandmother. But, maybe we wasn't quite human. lol She was magical, and made me want to be a better person. It's always good to have someone to look up to, to make you want to be better.

Meliai and scratcho like this.
  5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I have general sympathy with everyone.

Even psychos have their good days.

6. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Uh, no. But how is that possible? Talk me through it, genius.

7. Eric!

Yeah, I don't get it, and not sure what the hang up is. Can't believe this shit is still going on. I'm convinced that it's never going away, at least not in my lifetime.

8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

wi-fuck

Eric! likes this.
  9. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

For every evil act there are a million acts of kindness. The reason evil acts always get the lime light in the news is they're pretty rare in the whole scheme of things.

Noserider likes this.
  10. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I want to think most people are nice...but damn if I can bring myself to that conclusion. My brother and his male spouse just left to return to California. But anyway...even though they did stuff for me such as got my car serviced to the tune of $585 (when I didn't think it needed anything but a yearly service) went to the grocery store and spent loads more than was needed...and got Mama some clothes, all 11 days they are here feels like damn 11 years.

They HATE Trump but somehow don't see it necessary to even try and overlook any of my idiosyncrasies...AND they are mean and strange and picky as hell about anything/everything involving me. Let me just tell what I had to listen to today - from my prissy brother-in-law I got to hear how I flipped out yesterday and other days at Mama (I have NO MEMORY of this whatsoever), that I am an angry person most of the time, but not ALL the time (yeah whatever) AND last but certainly not least - I have a "bad tone". I said ***** did you really say you thought my tone was bad/ugly/whateverf??? (lol) How old are you now???? lol He then kindly told me that my brother felt the same way.

alrighty then...

Then the brother tells me I talk too much and he just had to take a break (from me he wanted me to understand) but he had a Nice Tone and we all know how fucking important having just the right tone is at home around family. My God. smh However, after informing me of this, he continued to talk with a Nice Tone :rolleyes: and (of course) a volume that was barely audible.

Let it be noted that when the BIL was informing me of my various and assorted faults, I never tried to take up for myself (because that would have only prolonged having to listen to his stupid shit), I was quiet (yeah - ALWAYS be aware of the volume since it is of utmost importance). To be honest, I had been around them for so long this visit without having to hear about my many shortcomings, I actually was surprised at his list...I just hit the high points for y'all...there were other "problems" and "faults" of mine. lol

I'm just saying this to say that even non-Trump supporters are often sons of bitches.

Each year, I do a little better about not talking too much or too loud but I fell back on my job this year. So - yeah - I'm thinking people in general (and my family in particular) aren't worth a damn.

It looks like once a year when they come for their ridiculously long visit, they could just fucking handle me and put up and shut up. They surely didn't mind me cooking relatively every single meal for them nor me washing the dishes after EVERY meal but 1 or 2....and no, Mr. Money Bags (brother) never took us out to eat one single time. ONE time they had Mama and I over to their fancy rented lake house and cooked for us, so that was our meal out...the ONE meal out in 11 days. The whiny baby BIL did take me out one afternoon to have some drinks and I could have eaten but I only wanted to drink. I guess that was supposed to be my "meal out".

ok - rant over.

I agree people are horrible and I have no arguments against it. Lately - and NOT just my brother and his trophy wife/man, but other people I've known for years are well, awful and horrible, and I don't want to be around people more and more everyday. Any people.

My special friend is the only person I have the slightest desire to be around, aside from my son.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  11. Eric!

Tell your brother in law and brother what's on your mind (with tact) or else they are going to eventually drive you nuts.

scratcho and Lynnbrown like this.
  12. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Eric, I wish I could say - Oh I'll try that...it might work especially if I sat down calmly and told them...but alas, I've tried.

They talk over me, my brother is subject not to want to hear but maybe 2 or 3 sentences and he has to get up and go. (Yeah I don't understand that either, particularly when he has a fantastic job where he MUST work with people and is only 1 person below the head of HR in his company...so he should be able to handle 15 minutes listening to his sister once a damn year.)

Talking to the brother-in-law reminds me of talking to a cat and expecting it to agree with you...he has preconceived notions and that is the way it is. I thought, truly, this year would be different since they waited longer than usual to put me down like a dog but I should have known it was coming.

All that was to say - I've tried the talking route...I'm coming up with a different answer this year, AND in doing so, I will first have to bring up their many many many problems they have with me. That part will also be different because I know I'm not supposed to really repeat what they have said (over and over throughout the years)...but I'm supposed to wait until THEY decide its time to start with their list of my faults. :rolleyes:

I anticipate it being very interesting. I should say interesting for me and mind-blowing for them. :)

13. Eric!

Lynn, why are they pointing out your faults? Sounds like they are the ones with issues and insecurities, and attacking you is a way to make them feel better about themselves.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  14. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Lynn
    Have you ever had any time off from caregiving your mother for the last ??? years? The last few years of taking care of Dad, when my sister would come to visit, I would take that time to myself. I still ended up doing some normal things for Dad but for the most part that was my week or so to have a life of my own.

Maybe when they come to visit the next time they could rent you a lake house and they could take care of the day by day elder care. Maybe they could understand that you talk loudly because you live with a Mom that is very hard of hearing......etc. Maybe they need a reality check about how difficult it can be to be a full time caregiver to a parent.

Love you. Take care of yourself.

Lynnbrown, scratcho and Eric! like this.
  15. Eric!

Some helpful tips:

16. I'll Be Waiting

I'll Be Waiting Guest

Ah does have a pretty good Elton John thread though.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Evonne Goolagong probably did more for Aboriginal rights in this country than anyone else, without trying directly

One wins wimbledon, then all of a sudden, its hey, hang on a minute

I remember that time, lucky if you ever saw an aboriginal on TV, then all of a sudden she's everywhere

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, you had a baby

Your first? - I love this part, newborn baby, the whole world is a miracle

Then comes the long slow descent as you watch the parents painstakingly realize its just going to turn into the same self centered so and so everyone else is

;)

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that you have some evidence by now.
    Merely by the number of people who have taken time to respond to you on this thread.
    I think that being horrible is horrible. You simply end up with people avoiding you and you have very few friends. Then, in your lonely frustration you are horrible to the few who remain and you end up completely alone in this horrible world.
    I think that the quote at the bottom of my messages says it all. :yum::yum::yum:

20. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Lol you're such a tool.

Tyrsonswood and Eric! like this.
  21. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

horrible and full of shit.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  22. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Collectively (due to pressure to conform to BS & basic social dynamics) I tend to agree.

Individually though, people often surprise me with how lovely they can be.

Moonglow181 likes this.