I feel bad about it

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by watsawhosapeanut, Aug 29, 2005.

1. watsawhosapeanut

watsawhosapeanut Member

So i dont really post on here a whole lot but i wanted to kno wat u guys woulda done in the situation. I came home from school today and went to park by my house and there was a squirrel in front of my car looking at me and trying to move. i freaked out and parked my car and found the poor thing laying on the side of the road trying to move but its back legs were immobilized. i love animals so i ran in the house crying, it ended up we called a guy we knew to come cuz we didnt kno wat to do with it . and he ended up killing it to put it out of its suffering, i felt soooooo terrible but i dont kno wat else could have been done. i still feel really bad and wanted to know wat u would have done in that situation and if wat we did was the right thing.

2. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

most likley the right thing was done it probably would never have survived it certainly would not have in the wild! it was better to put it out of its misery as quik as possible! rest your head the right thing was done!

3. cymru_jules

cymru_jules Member

I remember a similar thing when I was at school, but this time a car had hit a bird. Happens all the time of course, but obviously more of an issue when you're at school.

Re: squirrels - I wouldn't have shed too much of a tear if this was in the UK and it was a grey one.

4. stuntdragon1

stuntdragon1 Member

A couple of years ago a girl at my school died by trying to dodge a squirrel, so also consider your safety when saving he little ones