I drive barefoot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by SharyBobbins, Sep 14, 2005.

1. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

Ever since the summer started, I have been driving barefoot and I like it. I was just wondering who else here drives barefoot?

2. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

Always. Except in the dead of winter, and even then I kick off when I think of it.

3. april922

april922 Member

I always drive barefoot.

4. Footers

Footers Member

I do as well

5. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I always drive barefoot too...the guy I have been seeing (I guess) laughs at me because I drive with my big toe...and that's it.

6. Fangz

Fangz Member

I drive barefoot. Lately I do pretty much everything barefoot.

It rules!

7. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

yeah, i drive barefoot all the time too - it used to be illegal in florida, if you can believe that. i'd have to keep my sandles under the seat 'just in case' - lol!!! wat a crock - like there ain't enough crimes in this world...

8. Wonder Girl

Wonder Girl rhapsody in pink

I don't drive...but if I did,I wouldn't wear shoes. I think it's much easier to use the pedals with barefeet(I can drive a little and have driven...but for everyone's safety,it's best that I don't lol).

9. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I love driving barefoot, I think I can exert greater control of the pedals.

Another thing I do once and a while is roll down the window, raise my left leg and place my left foot just outside the window while driving. It takes a little practice, put it feels great with the wind flowing between my toes. Has anyone else done this??

10. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

I've raised this to an art form. It takes a good deal of flexibility and I know it's not the safest thing to do, but like you said its a rush to feel the wind on your toes. I actually prefer it when I'm the passenger and can relax and stretch my feet out of the window or up on the dashboard (I made a thread about this very thing just 2 minutes ago), but as I so rarely get the chance to get out from behind the wheel, I take the opportunity to drive with my foot up too.

11. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

Is there any other way to drive???

12. SharyBobbins

Well yes, but it is not as much fun. :)

13. Sax_Machine

Sax_Machine saxbend

Very nice. You'll get bored of feeling the inside of a car soon enough though I'm sure, and then you'll be walking barefoot too.

14. Bugalugs

Bugalugs Member

I got my licence at 15 here in NZ , My father taught me to drive barefoot, he said you could feel the pedals better, and control the speed you go at.....
    He was right, I still drive barefoot 90 % of the time and i see the difference. :)

15. SharyBobbins

Plus sometimes it seems that I absolutely have to drive barefoot, especially when I have shoes with a four inch heel, i can't drive well in platform shoes.

16. Bugalugs

Bugalugs Member

hahahaha

17. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Yep, I drive barefoot all the time.

I have a 2002 Subaru that I bought in July 2001, and in the four+ years I've had it, I have NEVER, EVER driven it except for while barefoot. Even when I have had to go somewhere dressed in a suit (maybe once or twice a year), I have put the suit on, gone out to the car barefoot, driven, arrived where I was going, and then put socks and shoes on. :p

I should also mention that I fly airplanes (private pilot, not professional) and I always fly the Cessna barefoot. If you think that you get good pedal feel driving a car barefoot, you should feel the rudder/brake pedal control that being barefoot gives you in an airplane!

And when I jump out of planes, I do that barefoot every time, too. The last 180 out of my 185 skydives have been completely barefoot. :p

-peacefuljeffrey

18. pabsy

pabsy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

yep... me too.... i know its not supposed to be the safest way to drive but i cant see that..i feel more connected to the pedals... :)

19. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

The idea that "it's not supposed to be the safest way to drive" is an absolute MYTH. Has anyone EVER articulated exactly WHY it's supposed to be any less safe than driving with shoes on?

Some people drive in tall spike-heeled shoes. How on earth could that ever be safer than plain old bare feet?

The trouble is, people too often accept such notions without spending even a moment contemplating whether they actually make sense or not.

-peacefuljeffrey

20. SharyBobbins

I so do that like every sunday when I go to church, I'll drive barefoot but as when I get there I'll put my shoes on. :)