i-Doser Experience

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Black_Lotus, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

THIS POST WILL BE VERY LONG! IF YOU DON'T WISH TO READ, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY I-DOSER EXPERIENCES/OPINIONS YOU MAY HAVE
    ---
    I-Doser, it's all the craze of the current generation of teens, simulated mental states ranging from calm mood enhancements, to drug trips, and even sexual pleasure.

If you haven't heard of it, the basic idea is that you go onto this website and download a software player, put on some headphones and select your "dose" to listen to for roughly 30 minutes. Each ear hears a different tone that creates the illusion of a beat and causes your brain waves to simulate an altered-conscious state. Almost any altered state you can think of is available for purchase.
    --
    Interested, I tried it myself for the first time last night. I purchased an i-Doser Peyote dose for about $4 played the track and relaxed on my bed for the 35 minute ride and here is what I experienced:

For the first 10 minutes or so, all I could think was how annoying this sound is, it just doesn't stop, but I really wanted to see if it would work, so I just continued with it and started to allow myself to relax. Slowly but surely I was starting to feel a deep relaxing flow of energy pass through my chest along with a pulsating echo bleed from ears down my head.

It wasn't unfamiliar though, I've had this experience through self-guided meditation, but never so quickly. Intrigued I kept listening to the sound. It began to trick me into thinking there were different ambient noises in the background (I'm still unsure if there is anything other than the two beats.) and these would make me vividly picture things in my head. The pulsating effect made me think of a fan going by the way it would flip around my head with each blade coming close than passing by. Like the doppler effect of a car
    This dragged me into a deep CEV experience of these two geese slowly walking towards me in an unfamiliar home. I was in a white living room and I just watched these geese walk towards me and turn the corner. It was in such vivid detail though that it astounded me.

Weird, I thought maybe this will have a bigger effect. Everything seemed to time up with the pulsating beats now, and I lost my track of time. I pictured fish swimming on blank white canvas boards, fish tanks, and the ocean itself. They would slow down and then all of the sudden they were going about 10x normal speed swimming up and twisting around and then they would slow down again with all of the bubbles keeping in time with my perception of time. Again though, it was strangely vivid. So I tried to keep in this weird realm, and soon enough I felt as if I were swimming under water with the fishes in a grand open world of strange creatures and beautiful landscapes.

I thought this would be as far as I would go, but then it continued:
    I had the most amazing picture in my head that I don't think I will be able to describe, but it was I always imagine a DMT induced realm to look like. I pictured an entire tree village with huts and branch pathways where theses gnome-sized elf walked around in a synced march all over my eyesight. I was even starting to blend strange colors together. This village was a vibrant purple mixed with a cool Brown and Green earth hues.

I then pictured an elephant in pure white with a complete blue background run at me with the effect of a strobe light. By which I mean it would seem to skip phases of its movement and get closer faster than you'd expect. I then just saw an arm with a tattoo of a sun. And everything was in green. It was really cool though, It looked like an album cover that I hope to replicate soon.

Finally everything seemed to slow down and it was off. I took off the headphones and assumed this is where the effects would start (at the time I took these visions for granted) and I felt as if those beats were still playing still.
    Anyways. I most certainly experienced CEV but unfortunately no OEV as the product claimed. Overall I thought it was an interesting experience, but nothing like an actual Peyote trip from everything I've read and heard. With all the warnings on this I-doser dose I thought I was sure to experience something more dangerous or mind-altering. But it was at least fun to delve into a dream-like world.

There were some afterglow psychedelic effects however. Kind of a floaty headspace accompanied with the body sensations of wanting to flow with music. Fun, but certainly not a replacement for real drugs IMO.

2. Silent_Bob92

Silent_Bob92 Member

Tried I-dosing multiple times but It never really worked for me. Even got the recommended stereo headphones from their list and...nada.

3. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

^That sucks, yeah I tried the peyote one a second time. And not much happened. It just makes my head feel kind of weird, not really anything else.

4. BigTrev1991

BigTrev1991 Guest

My cousin had the i doser and told me to try it. I tried the opiate one I think. Honestly I didn't really notice anything. I laid down and tried to clear my head and just focus on the sound. After it was finished my cousin told me that he had actually been touching my foot at one point and I didn't even notice it so I guess that that was the only thing that really happened when I tried it

5. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

It's a bunch of psychosomatic bullshit.

and yeah, I've tried it.

6. cthulhu

cthulhu Member

I remember when I was briefly in (outpatient) rehab to impress some judge 6 years ago. There was this cool older drug addict guy who I would talk with, and he would sometimes talk about "drugs of the future" and how there would be technological advances such as the discovery of certain sounds that would act as an agonist on receptors and get people high. Now I'm no scientist, but I've seen one on TV. I wouldn't be surprised if the premise of altering the senses via "binaural beats" or whatever is possible in theory, but one thing that's certain is that i-Doser does not work. I haven't even tried it but I know it doesn't. You'd have as much luck trying to get high off propoxyphene. All those videos on Youtube of kids writhing in bed with headphones on is a testament to the fact that placebo is a very real thing (for people who aren't used to drugs, that is; placebo couldn't work on someone such as myself). Still, it's enough to stir up the Helen Lovejoy "think of the children" types. In fact I heard it was recently banned in the United Arab Emirates.

7. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Still early days, I reckon they could get somewhere.. they won't be able to recreate specific drug experiences, but look past the names and I think there could be some pretty nifty experiences to be had. Let's wait and see :p

8. Gatesurvivor

Gatesurvivor Members

It's now been 4 years since I tried this, and I decided to give it a shot again. I can honestly say, they've came a long way, although still not very accurate with the naming. There is one though, that I feel would be VERY accurate. It's called Gate Of Hades. It is by far the worst psychological experience I have ever had. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!