I don't understand the barefoot forum.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, May 22, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Who cares if someone wears shoes or not?

I think I just get really annoyed by people who think they are like super hippy of the year or something because...because what? Their beliefs or actions? No, because they don't wear shoes and their feet are all hard and calloused and they have athlete's foot and step on all kinds of crazy shit (hopefully not syringes but I guess their calluses will protect them.)

Shoes? No shoes? Who cares... I like to sometimes run around barefoot and always have shoes off at home but... it's just not important.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

I know this guy that works for Advo mailing, hes been there some 30yrs barefoot. He dont get problems where he goes, because he lives it. Its not something he thinks about. probably never even heard of internet forums about barefooting..

interesting thing: his son wears shoes, but the most filthiest, stinking, moldy, holey, flopping soles shoes you can imagine..

they are a weird bunch of people..

3. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

"Come mothers and fathers, throughout the land
    And don’t criticize what you can’t understand."

I love being barefoot and appreciate that there is a barefoot forum..

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

haha orison...

i can understand liking to be barefoot. :) what i cant understand...and maybe someone can explain this to me- why is being barefoot some big deal "hippie" thing? i mean, seriously. how does wearing shoes or not wearing shoes make you any more hip than the other? and how is it interesting to talk about it?... i mean, it doesn't like BOTHER me.. if ppl wanna talk about it all day long, that's cool. but it just seems kinda boring to me... "where did you go barefoot today?" i mean today i drove barefoot and walked down a huge hill (n back up) to get the mail barefoot... but my first thought in response to that ques is "who cares?"
    i mean, when i was a kid i was barefoot all summer and stuff. i love the feel of grass on my toes. :)
    but i never went around talking to ppl about it- like "yayyy im not wearing shoes"
    *shrugs*

5. Brudof

Brudof Member

I agree, I don't see why so many people put such emphasis on being barefoot. Almost like it indentifies them. I have no problem with being barefoot, I actually prefer it. I just think it's a bit silly how seriously some people take it. But to each their own :sunny:

6. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

It isn't big deal. Just for nusipeds.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

and i mean i think some of the ppl are just huge poseurs. there was this guy here yrs ago that talked about being barefoot ALLL the time and he was actually kinda a cool guy.. he was nice n all.. but i felt like telling him... cause he was SUPER into LOOKING like a hippie and living a "hippie lifestyle.." (like bare feet! gasp!!)- felt like telling him...
    truly being a "hippie" is about fighting for things -what you think is right in the world/what needs changed and your actions etc.- not shoes or no shoes.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea... for real.

it doesn't bother me. they can make 50 barefeet forums and talk about it all day every day.

But it's a non-issue to me.

:)

I mean... I stopped using the tp that has the tube thing in it recently. that's actually pretty neat. those tubes are so much waste. but i think that's the first time i mentioned it. okay, bad example.. i hate socks. no sock forum! :)

9. Manservant Hecubus

I'm not sure that anybody, even the overzealous resident of the BF actually equates going barefoot with being a hippie.

Where are you getting your perception about that?

10. Manservant Hecubus

If it was a non issue, then why make the thread!! :D

11. RainyDayHype

I would say that being a hippy is just being/feeling at peace within yourself and for some people that means being barefoot (keeps a person grounded? touching the earth/grass feels great). I would say being a hippy definitely entails not caring about what others are doing/how they're living their lives..
    especially when it's something trivial and non-violent that doesn't hurt others like being barefoot

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Because it's random thoughts and it was a random thought in my head when I was looking at the threads people were reading. :)

oh ...and i knew a cpl ppl on here who very much DID equate not wearing shoes w being super hippie. :)

13. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

You are taking this waay too seriously. I've repeatedly said I do not care.. it's a random thought about how it seems to be kinda a pointless and boring non-issue to me. :)

To each their own and like I said.. I love being barefoot but I'm more interested in ideas of how the world works and how to fix things for better...

And I'm not a hippie. I would not think of applying a label like that (or any) to myself. :)

14. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

But doesn't being a hippy make them a trend follower just like anyone else. I mean hippies all kinda dress the same, listen to the same music. How is that any different than a hipster or a goth. They're following what others are doing.

15. RainyDayHype

I'm not taking anything too seriously. I'm discussing and I am trying to explain something to you that you stated you do not understand.

16. Manservant Hecubus

Live in the NOW! That paradigm doesn't apply here anymore :afro:

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

No, you are taking something wayyy too personally. (rainy)

I'm just sayin.. I don't understand how it makes anyone more of a "hippie" or how it has shit to do with being a "hippie"... I think anyone who defines who they are based on stereotypical behaviors about how you look, dress, etc don't really know what the thing they are calling themselves is truly...

The reason I think you're taking it too seriously is your cmnt that it's a "non violent thing that's not hurting anyone"... yeaaa. of course! :) like i said, it doesn't BOTHER ME. i dont care what ppl wear or don't wear. Sigh. Dunno what it has to do with hurting someone or being non violent.. just think it's sillyness and defines some people a little bit so much and if you wanna get all deep w it.. if SOME of the ppl (who take it wayy seriously) put that energy into changing the world...doing something that mattered, the world might be a better place. ;)

18. Manservant Hecubus

Nope. Nobody in here is being serious. Don't know how you're seeing that.

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I hope you know this thread took me all of 20 seconds to A- think of the IDEA for thread, B-Start thread and C-Finish thread ;)

It's not important at all. Just popped in my head.
    I could have just as easily made a thread about.. ummm...idk anything :D

20. Manservant Hecubus

But you're still posting in it!! I bet you've wasted whole minutes now!!