I don't think I like weed anymore

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Lilah_Morgan, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

I barely ever smoke anymore, and last time I did....I got SOOOOO paranoid!

I was at a party and didn't know anyone, and it just made me get all silent and kinda freak out. When I left, even though I only had to drive 4 blocks away, I got so paranoid about getting "pulled over". Then home, it took me like an hour to just CALM DOWN.

Does this happen to anyone else ever?

I'm still all for legalization....and not swearing it off forever or anything....but I think these days I'd rather just drink.

2. CK420

CK420 Member

one of the reasons people get paranoid is because its illegal its the "forbiden fruit"
    and yeah paranoia is a common side effect

3. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

No that wasn't it....I wasn't worried about getting busted....I just panicked for no reason and didn't wanna be around people.

Its not really a "forbidden fruit" thing for me either smoked enough of it in my life so its really pretty commonplace lol

I dunno it makes me anti-social sometimes, all that anxiety. For something thats supposed to calm me down it sure has the opposite effect lately.....

not swearing it off forever, but I'm def. not gonna smoke for awhile. I'd rather just drinkn anyway.

4. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

Try weed with some xanax

5. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

Try a break for a month or so then smoke again. Most people find they like it again after they have taken a break.

6. 000noway000

000noway000 Guest

what are you talking about? of course its not part of the food pyramid.. its ABOVE the food pyramid nut.. dont you get how that works? first you light up and get high, then you get hungry, then you go from the top of the food pyramid and work your way down..

7. 000noway000

000noway000 Guest

i agree.. totally.. benzos of any kind with weed are awesome.. you feel even more relaxed and side effects like paranoia are just eliminated..

8. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Weed for me just intensifies whatever I'm experiencing at the time.

Okay so the following is just my guess, so don't take offense at me for trying to read into what happened.

You probably would have not had a great time at that party with all these strangers doing their own thing, even without the weed, but because you were high you were like HOLY SHIT I AM NOT COMFORTABLE HERE AT ALL. Whereas if you were sober, it'd be like "this is shitty, I want to leave".

I've personally found the the actual act of smoking makes me uncomfortable: I cough a lot and my body doesn't like it, so I'm usually the most tense and nervous at the beginning of a high. I'm dealing with my body saying "AAAAH! IT'S SMOKE, THIS STUFF CAN SUFFOCATE YOU, YEAH ITS A SMALL AMOUNT BUT FUCK IT IM GONNA GO INTO ALERT MODE ANYWAY!" as well as the feelings of dealing with this increased awareness of everything around me. Now at the beginning, when I'm smoking but not high yet, the smoke is just a mild discomfort because I've conditioned myself (and most of us have) to not be alarmed by it but being high drops your guard and you experience coughing for what it is, a primal warning sign that says YOUR LUNGS ARE UNDER ATTACK!!!

Anyway, I hope that was helpful for illustrating a point. To get back to your situations, it's a pretty complex thing, being high at a party or strange place, because you're dealing with the fact that you're perception has just shot through the roof, in addition to dealing with the various distant personalities/ strange situations around you.

I don't think it's necessarily the weed that's the problem, it's the situation.

9. SlipSlide

SlipSlide Member

I smoke then i see all the things that i am doing wrong, the house is dirty etc.. sucks for about 2 minutes. Then i laugh about it, remember that i am JUST HIGH and i go play video games. :)

10. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Yeah but what do you take with you from the experience when you're not thinking about everything that's going on? Letting loose and just getting wrapped up in a video game is a lot of fun, but surely that's not all you do when you're high, right?

11. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Ya ive heard many times benzos totally KILL paranoia.

But ya im with you morgan, weed sucks ass if you wanna make friends/fit in with friends or wanna be social with the opposite sex. Ive learned that the hard way and made myself look like a shady bastard to people when i was high just because how weed makes me zone out and just not talk, thats why i only blaze occasionally, and thats by myself or with my bro, not with friends. Id rather be sober and show friends/opposite sex who i really am, instead of a fake me whos afraid to talk when im high.

12. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

they do kill parinoia.. id reccommend it highly.. try taking 1 - 2 mg first and see how that goes. but do NOT rely on it everytime, because you will get addicted quick.