I do love him

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by indian_summer, Jun 1, 2006.

1. indian_summer

indian_summer Member

and i want him to know that.
    So far we'd told each other how much we care and how much we are in love with each other, but neither has said 'I love you'.
    I was the one to confess that I'm in love with him first. He keeps telling me that he's in love with me and he also says 'I like you', which is something i'm not sure if i want to hear.
    Do you think i should say it first? Do you think he really just likes me, or is it just a clumsy way of trying to say i love you.

2. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

You sound like you're scared to say it because of what he might say. He's probably feeling the same way.
    My boyfriend told me he loved me the other day....he also told me he wanted to say it for a while, but was nervous about what I might think. We, too, had already mentioned being in love with one another.
    The only thing I can tell you to do is just go ahead and say it....get it out there. That's the only way, really, to find out if he really loves you. If he just says...."I like you" again....maybe he's not ready to commit to actually saying "I love you" or....like you said, it may be his clumsy way of saying "I love you".

3. TheMechanic

TheMechanic The chicken LUVER!

I worried about this for some time...

I was out of two bad relationships back to back and I needed some kind of assurance that she loved me before I put my own feelings out there...

She told me after cuddling with me after some very satisfying sex that she loved me...
    At first I was nervous, because I was not sure if it was the sex or she meant it, what made me say it back was the fact that she told me it wasn't because of th sex, and that she was not expecting for me to say it back...

Which I laughed at, and promptly told her I had wanted to say it to her for some time...

Good Luck!

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I've always been paranoid about letting it slip while in a relationship =P
    if that's how you really feel, there's no reason to be nervous
    a good relationship is nice and honest/open

5. andytangzx

andytangzx Member

may be you can give the hint to him, such as you can say " you really love me? is true? and then ........

6. jean_genie

jean_genie psychedelic saturday

my ex told me he loved tooooo much.. it got to the point where i thought he was just saying it because he thought he had to... and then the next guy, after some gooood sex, had just said that he loves me, when.. we wernt going out or anything, we just got drunk and drugged up and screwed..

i love you is a weird one.. good and bad.. eek

7. indian_summer

indian_summer Member

thank you guys, im sure he wants to say it just as badly as i do and is probably nervous. it's on my mind all the time, whetever he does or says, i just want him to know that i love him. but im taking it slowly, we are not in a hurry and im sure we'll say it eventually.
    I'll keep you all informed ;)

ooops, i also noticed i posted this in a wrong forum, sorry about that

8. DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

i love you all. just needed to mention that. :)