I dig this

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by sunshineforyou, Jan 6, 2005.

1. sunshineforyou

sunshineforyou Member

Hello :)

I registered because I just like being around people more or less like yourselves. I'm not what I consider a real "hippie" and I don't consider most of you to be either.

I don't presume myself a "hippie" because a) the word means different things to different people, and b) I don't think that the generations after the late 60s/early 70s counterculture ever responded to the changes in their society with as much passion and novelty as the real hippies, so I'm going to leave that alone. My only claim to "hippie-ness" is that people call me that from time to time because of my social and political views. I'm appreciating my brown skin and ancient heritage more and more each day, learning about eastern schools of thought, and plotting how to save the world ;)

See, I think that it's time to stop living in the past and start the revolution appropriate to our own time. Believe me, the world is in dire need of one right now. Every generation is faced with the challenge that defines its place in social, intellectual, and moral history. So throw out what you think you know, introspect to establish your own convictions, and then LIVE them. That's how you start a revolution.

"World peace" is not just the safest answer for a Miss America Pageant question. In today's world, you won't even come close to it if you don't at least believe in it.

Peace :) sunshineforyou

2. MossIcon

MossIcon Member

You seem very nice, and I agree with your views whole heartedly.

3. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

Hullo out there, welcome to hip forums, hope you enjoy your time here.....

4. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

:) hello and welcome! :) looking forward to hearing from you...