I cut my finger off in a dream last night

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by McLeodGanja, Jul 25, 2011.

1. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Can't remember much else about the dream, or why I decided to cut my finger off. But in the dream for some reason I cut the index finger off on my left hand with a knife, and then I was walking around with it. I started running and the stump that was left was kind of flumping around as I ran.

That was the point at which I woke up. I think I kind of regretted it in the dream and wondered why the hell I decided to just cut one of my fingers off, it was one of those dreams where you wake up and the realisation that it was just a dream starts to seep in and you go- thanks fuck it was just a dream..

What the hell does that mean?

2. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

3. Ratio

Ratio Member

Look at what the index finger represents both to palm-readers and in popular literature and common gestures. It is the finger of authority, self-assertiveness and initiative. A gesture with it can tell a child to not do something or point the way. It could also be associated with reading and even boredom. Whatever it means to you, you seem to have lost that or given it up.

4. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

it means you are a latent homosexual.

5. Aesthete

Aesthete Member

Interesting. I've never had a dream about losing a limb (that I remember at least), but I've had at least a few where I bit down awkwardly or somehow else ended up losing or shattering a tooth.

6. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Maybe something like it, could be any number of things. What does my subconscious mind want to tell me that is so important so as to randomly come up with this dream though?

It's also the same finger I use to pick my nose, and scratch my anus.

Curiously enough, my index finger also happens to be exactly the same size as your erect penis! :eek: (so I was told by your mum anyway...)

I've had dreams where all my teeth fell out, but that's probably because eventually all my teeth will fall out because I'm Scottish.

7. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i have the teeth falling out dream A LOT. can 'mean' a few things i guess.

it does always seem to happen my life it taking some noticeable changes.

8. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Was it your trigger finger?....:-/

9. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

It was my left hand + I prefer to stab people not shoot them ;)

10. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

It's the finger I use to cover the air hole at the back of my hash pipe..

11. Well there you go then!

12. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

But if I don't put my finger over the hole, the hash wont light.:confused:

13. Well there you go then! ;)

14. farmout

Possibly sub-conciously exibiting fear of being stoned in a straight world, run by stuffed shirts in ties who in reality wish they could be stoned and cool....
    Hell, I don't know......
    I suppose its better than dreaming of having Mr Happy sliced off.....:eek:

15. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

And this benefits me in what way?:confused:

16. Who said anything about benefitting you? Maybe it's time to give up the hash :)

17. farmout

Uh-Oh, I feel an irresistable urge to say something erotic and smarmy about your finger, but I am managing to suppress that desire.....;-D

18. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

I think all the latent homosexual references have been exhausted farmout, but feel free to interject with another one if you can think of. And NO WAY am I giving up the hash!

19. farmout

Noooo, don't give up the good stuff.....:) Wasn't thinkin of the gay refreneces now, I was thinkin more along the lines of how are you gonna pick yer nose and flip a big booger out the winder at 55 mph? Thats pretty erotic, isn't it?.....:-D

20. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Hey you know what! I think I know what the dream means :D

As it so transpires I might not be a homosexual after all :ack2:

Went out for a spin on my bike today, cracking day... what a sunset! I went a burl through Edinburgh first of all because I had to, giving it the old street hawk being a fly and that, weaving in and out of the traffic... without a helmet on. :eek:

But I AM a good cyclist and I've got 360 degrees owl vision i my mind, second guessing what every car and pedestrian is going to do, ready to slam the rubber to the rim averting any possible disaster.

I think I am a pretty safe cyclist, but it might not look like that to other people in cars and on the street.

So am I being safe, is there a chance I might make one fatal mistake one time and land myself a cropper?

Well, on the way home I was thinking about that, and I suddenly realised that the index finger on my left hand is the one I use to move down a gear on my bike--- sooooooo MAYBE the dream was using the self inflicted loss of my index finger to tell me to stop cycling so fast and to slow down a bit, else I might land myself a cropper?

And will I slow down a bit?

Depends which way the wind blows, or whether or not I am going uphill or downhill I suppose.

----

Anyway I took this photo today down by the shore, it's really great for cycling, nice flat surface you can really bomb it if the wind is behind you as well. Great fun weaving in and out of the people, children and dogs hehehehe....

What a cracking day though. was out for 6 hours all over the place. In this photo taken on the shore of Edinburgh you can see Cramond Island in the distance. You can actually walk to that Island when the tide is out, it's a really amazing place. Used to be a holiday resort before WW2, shame it's not anymore.

[​IMG]