I come to Stockholm the 3rd of June! who is there?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Manolao, May 28, 2004.

1. Manolao

Manolao Member

hi friends!!!

today I came back to Italy to visit my family for a while... but the 3rd june I have a flight on stockholm before to go back to denmark.. someone is living there? it would be nice to meet! I arrive the night between 3rd and 4th... and I stay 1 or 2 days I guess...

peace!!!!

:)

2. Manolao

Manolao Member

:( oh... apparently noone is fro stockhom... sad.. I would have liked to meet some of you, wonderful people!

peace!!! :)

3. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Hey Manolao!

I'm from Stockholm, but sadly I won't be there when you arrive. I'm going to the north of Sweden tomorrow (end of uni for this year), and a few days later I'm off to Slovenia for the summer. Do you know anyone in Stockholm? Have you been here before? Let me know if you need to know anything! :) I'll have internet access for a few more days...

peace,
    -Pat

4. Manolao

Manolao Member

ohhhh... tak pat!!!

it seams that all the swedish are leaving stockholm now!! I have another friend there.. but she has left the city 2 days ago... :(

poor manolao..alone around the big stockholm!! :p

by the way... all tips and suggestion for what to see in 2 days are welcome! I have no idea of where to start... dunno have a lonely planet here too...

so.. tell me please!! and also if you know about yoith hostels.. I know there is a nice one on a boat.. a friend of me has been there.. do u know more? maybe some good websites about the city? I also read and understand some swedish if they are not in english...

thanks for all!!!!
    vi ses...

5. Gerva

Gerva Member

hi i´m going to stocholm tomorrow!my friends have just left this morning but i had an exam, so i´ll join them tomorrow.How many days are staying there?well..if we may cross each other..who knows? i´ll jump on a ferry to helsinki saturday evening..have a good time bye

6. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Manolao,
    I just realised you chose some pretty crappy (depending on personal preference) days to be in Stockholm. Today was the day of the Stockholm Marathon, so half the city was closed, and yesterday was graduation day for most of the city's high schools, something which usually means thousands of drunk and obnoxious teenagers roaming the streets. ;) I hope you're having a good time though! Did you find a place to stay?

About websites, you should check out http://www.stockholmtown.com (available in English) and http://alltomstockholm.se (not sure about English there).

Dunno if you're staying any longer in Stockholm now, but if you're in the neighbourhood of Vasastan, make sure to visit one of my favourite lunch restaurants; a small, intimate place called Sibiriens Soppkök ("Siberia's soup kitchen", Roslagsgatan 25). Always a treat! :)

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your stay! Unless your on your way out already of course. :)

peace,
    -Pat

7. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

So.... did you have a good stay in Stockholm, Manolao? :)

8. Manolao

Manolao Member

hi!! sorry man.. read your post too late!! now I am back in roskilde... it was amazing up there!! stockholm is beautiful!!!!!

hope you have enjoyed your time!!! see you!!!

9. wolf_at_door

As I've also once told Shadowplay, I think the neighborhood in Södermalm with all its cafés is a really wonderful place. Was you there?
    -(btw, that was a pity, Gerva and Manolao. /-: )

love and understanding,

!\ ! /\ /\ (_’ (_’
    ! \! \/ \/ _ ) (_ ¤ ,_, ¤

10. Manolao

Manolao Member

hi wolf at door!!!

sure I was there in söder!!! the swedish girl I met took me there several times... especially because she lives there :p

wonderful stockholm!!! and also the various parks.. like långholmen... mmmmm

11. wolf_at_door

It seems like that you weren't that alone and forsaken in Stockholm, as I thought you were! :D

love,

!\ ! /\ /\ (_’ (_’
    ! \! \/ \/ _ ) (_ o ,_, -

12. Manolao

Manolao Member

well... I CAME alone... but after a few hours I was not alone anymore :p

and.. imagine... just because I was wearing a funky t-shirt with a sign "peace&love"... and so she smiled at me and get happy... and then... :)

you see...

Peace&LOve moves the world!!! ;)

13. wolf_at_door

"...a few hours"...!! I must say that it's well done! (or maybe I just have becomed too old to be able to play the same tricks anylonger) ;)

-And you don't need to comment my last parenthetical sentence, thanks! :D

love,

!\ ! /\ /\ (_’ (_’
    ! \! \/ \/ _ ) (_ o ,_, -

14. Manolao

Manolao Member

:p lol lol lolo lol

15. wolf_at_door

Skip - Penny!!

-manolao is teasing me. Will you please ban him for a while - not for good, ofcourse; just long enough to make him understand the importance of respecting the elderly. :p

!\ ! /\ /\ (_’ (_’
    ! \! \/ \/ _ ) (_ > __ <

16. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Manolao, good to hear you had a nice time in Stockholm! Also, good work with finding company so soon. :sunglasse Swedes are usually rather cold and distant, and it takes time to get to know them. Oh, but I forgot, you're Italian! Whole different story then... ;)

peace,
    -Pat

17. wolf_at_door

Welcome back, Shadowplay. Hope you had a good stay down south-east, somewhere. :)

Also good wind to Manolao. I wished that I would have been at Roskilde Festival this year. Instead I went to a small groovy unofficial festival last week with 100-200 participants somewhere, not far from Aalborg, but at the green, beautiful countryside. That's compensation enough for old me 29 years old. :D

love,

!\ ! /\ /\ (_’ (_’
    ! \! \/ \/ _ ) (_ ¤ ,_, ¤

18. Manolao

Manolao Member

I could have thought this a couple of years ago... when I was still far of being in deep contact with the scandinavian culture... but now, after one year in denmark and the trip to stockholm I can absolutely say that scandinavian are everything but cold and distant!!!! you seem to me very friendly and open!! I really enjoyed the time in stockholm.. and I met many friends of my "guide".. all groovy persons!!!

W Skandia!!! I'll come back!

19. Manolao

Manolao Member

it seems cool, even though it might be slightly different from the roskilde festival! it was incredible!! loooooots of rain and mud... but amazing! I think I'll go there again next year!!

20. wolf_at_door

Sounds good that you would like to go there next year.

In fact, I would like to go to Roskilde Festival every year, but it all depends on whether I can convince some of my friends from Aalborg to join me. Some of them are too slow and lazy, unfortunately.

If you will come to Denmark next year for the Roskilde Festival, you should also come for the small festival I mention. I'm sure that you would be crazy about it. That's indeed a peaceful anarchy - no control or "Festival Police". People relax and smoke some dope.

love,
    noose. :)