I can't talk about money with my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

he hates to talk about it, he hates making a fuss about money, like.. I still owe him all this money and yet he wants to take me out, and pay for things, while I just feel guilty.. but he doesn't want it to be an issue - and I mean - I don't either, but I can't help feeling guilty and needing to talk about it..

2. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

haha he wishes!

3. BlazingDervish

BlazingDervish Banned

Feelings don't fill the bank account or repay the debt. I probably wouldn't want to talk about it either...'cause after 6 months, talk is talk and the 'oh I feel bad, I'm gonna repay you back' gets really grating. Action speaks louder than words.

Is he actively bugging you about repayment? If he isn't, then he's probably being as polite about it as he can. He's got a sour deal so far and he probably doesn't want to be constantly reminded of it.

4. ToFunToDie

ToFunToDie Senior Member

Still he don't want you to pay him imo.

5. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

He didn't give her the condoms.....

.....her RA did. that makes them HERS.

don't you remember the thread? :confused:

6. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

he is not at all bugging me about it. keeps saying it's okay. but it's not.

i am in debt and so are my parents and have been for months now. all my paychecks have gone to paying off my debts plus help my parents too - so he says he understands our situation etc. but.. the thing is.. I just can't even bring up the topic of money in general, he gets in such a bad mood! but sometimes - it's important!

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i do now.

ok, dump him, keep the money, keep the condoms, inject him with HIV, and stick his toothbrush in your butt and put it back for him to use.

8. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

That makes no sense, you should always be able to talk about the money situation.

9. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

[​IMG]

10. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Get a job, Frenchie!

11. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I haven't dealt with a girl who wants to talk in all eternity. Good on ya!

12. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I agree

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

of course he wants to be paid back. still, if there's no real chance of it happening right now, then it would be pointless for him to dwell on it.

he also wants to continue having sex, so he can't exactly go all loan shark on her or anything.

i have a friend who owes me a comparable amount of money and has for a while now. there's absolutely no way for her to pay me back at the moment, so i'd rather not worry about it at the moment either, and we rarely talk about it. and she's not even sleeping with me...

14. Dougie on the Mountain

Dougie on the Mountain Member

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

im no expert, but isnt buttsecks worth alot?.. Havent you paid it back by now?

16. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

buttsex is very expensive these days

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

is Penny in the usa, if she knew how it felt to be fucked in the ass every pay-day.. She'd understand. :D

18. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

she is now in the USA, if I recall correctly

I'm her stalker, you know

19. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

When you love someone, money really isn't THAT big of a deal. And if it is...man, I'd hate to be loved by the person it's a big deal to.

20. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

I think that he just doesnt think money is a big deal, and doesnt want it to effect the relationship at all. so he doesnt want to talk about it, no one owes anyone anything, when you can pay him back, then its cool. he doesnt really care. and if hes the kind of guy that doesnt like to talk about issues immediately, and needs a couple of days to think things over, then you should just let him have a couple days when you talk about things. sacrifice that, and he would feel at more ease to talk to you. sometimes ppl get freaked out about certain problems, and dont want to be rushed into the conversation immediately.