I bought some lingerie...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by antithesis, Jan 27, 2005.

1. antithesis

antithesis Hello

and now I feel selfish and shallow and vain. I hate feelings of guilt.

2. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Why does buying lingerie make you feel selfish and shallow and vain? :(

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

thats just plain silly!!!!!
    you deserve stuff, and if pretty undergarments are what you chose this time, than so be it. is it the kind you mean to wear all day or the kind you mean to get out of really quickly?

4. antithesis

antithesis Hello

It makes me feel bad because I don't have much money and I shouldn't be using it on frivolous things. And then I think of that old thing with how people are starving to death and here I am buying pretty underwear that I don't need, but just because I want to look good.

(It is the kind that I'll probably get out of quickly)

5. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

things you dont need? sigh, I cant argue with you over that, but I think is absolutely nessecary to spen a little of the money you work for on things you want simply because they are nice.

(bowchickabowow)

6. antithesis

antithesis Hello

lol, thanks.

7. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

new lingerie is always good!! dont be so hard on yourself, just put it on and look in the mirror, and think..."i am one sexy bitch!!" works everytime!! :D

8. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Were you really going to use that money to feed the starving? No. So quit worrying about it, you need new underwear anyway in case you get hit by a bus...:D

9. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

just figure that you're supporting the garment workers union, who need SOMEONE to buy their stuff. they have families, too, you know. plus, when you feel pretty, other people pick up the vibe and they feel pretty good about the day, too. so you're raising the positive vibes in the world.

10. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

New lingerie is fun to shop for. KC makes a good point, too...you're supporting the economy and sending out good vibes - two very important things!

I for one am sick of shopping for lingerie because around here we have only La Senza and Silk and Satin (which carry the same things) and their stuff never changes...it blows actually lol I wish there was a La Vie En Rose, I love their stuff.

Hmm that raises an interesting question: guys, what kind of lingerie do you prefer? Long slinky nightgown things, short teddies, undies and bra-style tops...

11. mynameiskc

when i worked at victoria's secret, all they bought were merry widows, teddies, and anything with garters. i never once saw a man buy his lady a long, elegant silky nightgown. not to say it doesn't happen, it just never did when i worked there.

12. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

what the hell is a merry widow?

13. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

jeez, dont' be so hard on yourself. you bought somethign for yourself. i wouldnt' worry about it that much.

oh, i have a thing for teddies and stockings...:D

14. mynameiskc

[​IMG]

15. mynameiskc

as opposed to the teddy, which is:

[​IMG]

16. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

now thats just hot!!!!:eek: :D

17. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Yeah, I do need to stop worrying about everything that I do. And my relationship has been rocky lately and we are just now getting back together and so I need to do something to bring back up my confidence.

I got this leopard print silk thing (cliche, I know... but it was what looked best on).

18. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I always need to get something that's kind of flowy and not so tight because I am too thin and tight things just hang on me and don't look right.

19. mynameiskc

cliches are cliches because they work.

20. antithesis

antithesis Hello

True. And I am quite sure my man will go wild over it. Although he kind of goes wild if he even sees me in my flannel so that doesn't mean much... :p