I am so sick from drinking tap water

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Like.. how can this shit be this bad.. I have been sick in my stomach for the past like 4 days since I drank about a little bottle of tap water - unfiltered. I don't know what to do. Pepto doesn't help.

Oh and on the topic of being sick, why the fuck are prescription meds so fucking expensive in this country?? My school health insurance is not going through yet and I owe my pharmacy 10 dollars for 1mg Xanax and 50 fucking 8 dollars for stupid Ambien 10 - just a month!!!! This is ridiculous! This stuff would be like 5 euros in Europe, WITHOUT insurance..

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

WELCOME HERE!

3. jrnyman

jrnyman kermit

you could always do a vitamin b complex for anxiety and melatonin for sleep... talk to your doctor about switching if you're interested but that stuff is waaaay cheaper and a lot nicer on your body. and dude the shit we put in our water is pure poison.

4. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

next time I see you I'd gladly trade you some of your downers for marijuana.

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

yup, start with drinking small amounts everyday until your body has worked up enough tolerance to all that shit that's in there

6. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

also, don't you get a meal plan? steal some water from the cafeteria.
    shit, the past three days I've had nothing but tap water, 5 packs of ramen and 1 hard boiled egg.

7. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

yea I went to this shrink though and he wanted to put me on ZOLOFT too and I was like um.. no I think this is enough for now - this really old guy he's gotta be 80 - with very obvious Parkinson's.. :/ I just was sick from jet lag and when I mentioned my meds history he wrote me those prescriptions like that.. but.. I really can't pay for them.. I actually take Melatonin at the moment - but it doesn't seem to be having any effect on me aside from headaches :/ and my panic attacks can be BAD - and totally random - like I'll just wake-up in the morning and my heart will be racing and I can totally almost faint and hyperventilate before getting inside a bank.

8. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

stop being sick! once i finally get the swap box.. i'll mail you some good things to keep you healthy.

9. jrnyman

jrnyman kermit

hmmm yeah... I know what you mean. I've been on all those meds. how much melatonin are you taking? sounds like your body might be fighting it a bit. And actually some of your sensitivity really could be from the chemicals in the water. Chlorine and fluoride sensitivities are a bitch... not to mention the water treatment chemicals etc. Most water filters today will take out everything but fluoride. Sucks dude. Good luck! How long has it been since you've been back? Maybe it's just taking you a bit to get adjusted. This country really is pretty shitty psychicly... it can be a lot to handle.

*edit* but you've got lots of love here for sure. :) you're super sweet and we all really care about you.

10. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

yea it was just this one night I didn't have any water and we I was drinking alcohol and was trying to avoid a hang-over by drinking lots of water on the side and Wayne Hall was closed. I usually fill my bottles at the fountain there though. but I have been SO sick like.. I am never sick in my stomach like that, like my intestines - not stomach. never. stomach yes - puke, ulcer.. but the lower part is RARELY this messed-up or messed-up at all. I just KNOW it's the tap water.

11. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Oh Christ, you're not sick from tap water.

What did you eat?

12. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

I don't know the details obviously, but don't you think the booze would be a more likely perpetrator?

13. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

Tap water is fine... Nobody ever died from water unless it had shit that got in there by mistake. Bottled water tastes like poops.

14. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

um the tap water in my old dorms is not fine.. it tastes like pool water and theres shit floating in it..

I haven't been eating anything extreme.. just have been having a lot of chai tea from Starbucks though and hadn't in months.. maybe that's it?? I don't think Smirnoff Ice and Yuengling would make me this sick - they never have.

15. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

the fuck are you drinking Smirnoff Ice for?

16. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

cause it's like.. candy that gets you drunk?

17. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

yea.
    I wouldn't turn it down, though.

18. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

it does taste really good..

19. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Fix'd.

20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't drink tap water unless it's been filtered. It's loaded with all kinds of crap.